Make the forum zoom friendlier

Hi,

I think it would be nice if the forum could be zoomed without text getting wrapped as easily as it does now. In particular, the box that contains the list of threads seems to be set to a fixed pixel width. It would be nice if this could expand when zooming so that more space is created in the middle for text.

What do others think, and anyone know if it's even possible?

Regards,
Aragon

I tried zooming in each of three instances and
do not have a good clue as to what you mean.
Maybe upload a screenshot with editing on it
or a description below? Or mention a specific
page within the forums and how it is deficient
upon zooming in more detail?
Using opera, still can't see the problem.
Probably could in firefox or seamonkey...

As you zoom, look at the top most menu just below the FreeBSD logo. Notice how its width expands to fill the browser? Compared to the forum whose center container remains a constant size (actually gets slightly smaller) and only its contents becomes bigger, squashing up inside it.

The width is set to 80%
Using something like 60em gives you better scaling. An example of that can be seem on "that other forum": http://www.daemonforums.org/index.php

It's easy to do both by the way. I create on DeamonForums style with all adjustments I made. Then I created a substyle where I changed just the width (All other changed are inherited).
If you're logged in, you can change the style at the bottom left corner.

aragon said:
Hi,

I think it would be nice if the forum could be zoomed without text getting wrapped as easily as it does now.

All right, I'll ask: what do you mean by "forum zoom"? Text size magnification in the browser?

wblock said:
what do you mean by "forum zoom"? Text size magnification in the browser?
Not just text size magnification. That is already achieved with the current template and style. Other formatting, such as the width of the center column, should be magnifiable too. Carpetsmoker's suggestion sounds like the right direction...

Go to link above, make text larger, and notice how the box containing the text and all the stuff also scales.

Back