Mailman 3

As I've been noted in the mailman3 list (https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/) by Mark Sapiro, there is no need to invoke the /usr/local/bin/uwsgi binary (and therefore no need for the uwsgi.ini file) if you have installed the mod_uwsgi for apache.
Thus, as Odhiambo Whasington resumes, there are THREE ways of getting it functioning:
1. Mailman core, Django's cluster, and Gunicorn
2. Mailman core, Django's cluster, and uWSGI
3. Mailman core, Django's cluster, and mod_wsgi
(last of these with apache, and it is working well in my servers)

And on a secondary note, all the Alias references for the /static/xxx path are redundant as they are included in the first
Alias /static /usr/local/mailman3/static
statement in the /usr/local/mailman3/apache24.uwsgi.conf file, and then innecesary.

I have just noticed that MailMan3 is now in ports... mail/mailman3 and there are two ways to install it:-

To add the package, run one of these commands:
  • pkg install mail/mailman3
  • pkg install py39-mailman

Which to choose, and how can I tell which version of Python is installed? (Assuming I have one installed...)

This information is general and aimed at beginners. Advanced users will probably chime in with 'actually' statements.

Both will achieve the same result. Try both, you'll see.

For which version of python, try pkg info -x python.

This information is general and aimed at beginners. Advanced users will probably chime in with 'actually' statements.

Both will achieve the same result. Try both, you'll see.

For which version of python, try pkg info -x python.
Code:
python27-2.7.18_2
python36-3.6.13
python37-3.7.16_2
python39-3.9.17

Do I need all these?

No, you can probably get rid of all but python39.

Use pkg delete a b c

Afterwards, to be tidy, also run pkg autoremove to clear out former dependencies which are no longer required.

Back