macOS NFS mount to FreeBSD server

I know this may be unrelated to FreeBSD but I know many of you have macbooks/iMacs connected to FreeBSD servers. For some unknown reason macOS Finder is reporting different space availability. Right now the server have 8TB available space but the macOS Finder is reporting 60MB available space. Have any of you run into this issue? I tried so many different mounting options automount, mount and even used Finder's NFS connection to no avail. Yes, I've disabled the Spotlight and quota on both systems are off. I'm baffled.

Here are my configs:

FreeBSD server side(192.168.1.100):

/etc/rc.conf
Code:
# NFS
nfs_server_enable="YES"
nfs_server_flags="-u -t -n 6"
nfsv4_server_enable="YES"
nfs_client_enable="YES"
nfs_client_flags="-n 4"
nfsuserd_enable="YES"
nfsuserd_flags="-domain local.com"
rpcbind_enable="YES"
mountd_enable="YES"
mountd_flags="-r"
/etc/exports
Code:
V4: / -sec=sys
/tank/photo                 -mapall=john:wheel,network   192.168.1.0/24

/etc/sysctl.conf for userid/groupid matching on server and client without using gssd or kerberos.
Code:
vfs.nfsd.enable_stringtouid=1
vfs.nfs.enable_uidtostring=1

iMac side(192.168.1.3):

/etc/nfs.conf
Code:
nfs.client.allow_async=1
nfs.client.mount.options=nfsvers=4,async,hard,proto=tcp,intr,rwsize=65536,noatime
nfs.client.nfsiod_thread_max=64
/etc/auto_master
Code:
/Users/john/nfs        auto_nfs        -nosuid,nfc,actimeo=1
/etc/auto_nfs
Code:
photo       -fstype=nfs  192.168.1.100:/tank/photo

I use the variant one. Finder shows the correct size. No issues whatsoever.
I use the following in finder to connect CMD+K (MacBook Pro - Big Sur)
nfs://vers=4,IP-Address:/ZFSDataSet/ShareName

Have you included the following in FreeBSD Server: (these are my settings)
/etc/rc.conf
Bash:
# NFS Configuration Parameters for ZFS NFS Share
rpc_lockd_enable="YES"
nfs_server_enable="YES"
nfsv4_server_enable="YES"
nfs_server_flags="-u -t -n 4"
rpcbind_enable="YES"
mountd_flags="-r"
mountd_enable="YES"

Very strange. I decided to try using my macbook and connect with the server. It showed the correct size but my iMac is still showing 60MB. My iMac is using Big Sur and my macbook is using Catalina. I can't upgrade to Big Sur on my old macbook because it's now unsupported. So I gotta figure out how to flush that Finder's data, whatever is causing the misreported size or it could be a bug. So it's definely macOS issue as I suspected.

I decided to try using my macbook and connect with the server. It showed the correct size but my iMac is still showing 60MB.
Does your MacBook have the same /etc/nfs.conf, /etc/auto_nfs, /etc/auto_nfs configuration as the iMac? MacBook Pro <-> FreeBSD NFS server user, no incorrect space availability issues in "Finder" here on High Sierra.

Does your MacBook have the same /etc/nfs.conf, /etc/auto_nfs, /etc/auto_nfs configuration as the iMac? MacBook Pro <-> FreeBSD NFS server user, no incorrect space availability issues in "Finder" here on High Sierra.
Yes. Exactly the same configuration on both mac computers. Macbook reports 8TB and iMac reports 60MB. I read that mac's Spotlight could be the problem as Finder depends on it for disk's info so going to try to flush the Finder's cache or rebuild the data.

Back