Mac Mini [Powerpc] - Problem installing pkg

Hello!

I installed with success the FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE on my Apple Mac Mini G4 (A1103), but I am having some issues to installing pkg

My network card doesnt work, this way, when I try to install some packages via cd0 using bsdconfig, I get the error below

When i try to use the bsdconfig -> Packages -> Install from a FreeBSD CD/DVD -> cd0 -> pkg: pkg is not installed -> pkg(8) not yet installed. Install now? <Yes>

----------------------------------------------------
code:

pkg: Error fetching http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:12:powerpc/quarterly/Latest/pkg.txz: No address record

A pre-built version of pkg could not be found for your system.

Consider changing PACKAGESITE or installing it from ports: 'ports-mgmt/pkg'
----------------------------------------------------

I changed the variables PACKAGESITE and REPOS_DIR, but without success.

OBS: This DVDRelease 12.0, doesn't have the ( FreeBSD:12:powerpc ) directory.

I did the download the pkg.txz of the repository ( pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:12:powerpc64/ ), because the repository ( pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:12:powerpc/ ) does not exist

I installed this binary package, I didnt get any error, but it doesnt work.

Could someone that help me?

I'm sorry if put the question in wrong place.

Thanks!

Two things, first FreeBSD 12.0 will be End-of-Life soon. Second, there is no package repository for PowerPC, only PowerPC64. You cannot install 64 bit applications on a 32 bit CPU and OS. Even if you would force the installation the application will not work. How is a 32 bit CPU supposed to execute 64 bit instructions?

My network card doesn't work
This is your main issue. Why are you surprised it's giving you an error while fetching something from the internet when you're not even connected?

Back