Lynx use with certificate authority, auto setting the browser to use cookies inside a FreeBSD Hyper-V VM Box.

image001.png

Hello fellow freeBSD community members,

Can you please help?

I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to hard set Lynx to accept cookies? I have so far used option O when running the browser, however it returns to the way it was right after.

Also is there anyway to install my CA into the browser for my proxy or a way to configure this to use my proxy outside of wpad use? It is working, however I have to set yes for every website a bunch of times for my proxy with the self signed certificate and I have to click accept cooke for every single cookie. I understand their is a configuration file, however I do not know the path to it, I was thinking of using locate to search for it however I do not know what config file I am looking for.

Can you please help?

Sorry to use this thread to vomit. Is the forum really boring since the pandemic ended and we went out to play?
I understand that each of us has more or less knowledge about FreeBSD, but I found several problems that start with not knowing what to look for.
I've been a casual user of Lynx, I don't know much, so I found the main page of the project and went to the help page. There you will find the lynx.cfg file, the variables and comments about it.:

I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to hard set Lynx to accept cookies? I have so far used option O when running the browser, however it returns to the way it was right after.
I'm running www/lynx-current myself, mostly to browse the local file system and read text/html manuals in console (virtual terminal).

To configure specific cookies policy, when in lynx, press "o" key to enter options menu as you have, move to "Security and Privacy", Cookies, press enter, choose "accept all", go to top third line "Save options to disk", press enter (this will mark the box), go to top second line, "Accept Changes", press enter.

The Lynx configuration will be saved under ~/.lynxrc. When thereis no such file, then /usr/local/etc/lynx.cfg is read.

/usr/local/etc/lynx.cfg can be used to set system wide preferences, for all users. For example to accept all cookies uncomment line 1362 and set to "TRUE":
Code:
#ACCEPT_ALL_COOKIES:FALSE

I understand their is a configuration file, however I do not know the path to it, I was thinking of using locate to search for it however I do not know what config file I am looking for.
In Lynx Users Guide (press "h" key in lynx), see "Main configuration file lynx.cfg".

To locate the file pkg-info(8) has a "list-files" option, which displays all files installed belonging to a application, installed from ports or packages. For example:
Rich (BB code):
pkg info -l lynx-current
lynx-current-2.9.0d10:
        /usr/local/bin/lynx
        /usr/local/etc/lynx.cfg.sample
Alternatively use pkg alias "list": pkg list lynx-current .

Thank you T-Daemon. I have also found the folder to import my private CA certificate for the proxy. I just cp the file into /usr/share/certs.

To transfer the CA.crt file I had to un-mount my Micro HDD via off-line it inside of Windows 10. This cannot be a flash drive for this to work.

1674745957774.png

(Image: Offline Drive for use with Hyper-V FreeBSD Host)
Unmount the USB HDD inside of Computer Management find your USB HDD and change it to offline with a right click.

1674746068724.png

(Image: Turn off Checkpoints temp for use of new drive)
Turn checkpoints off or it will fail to boot the box, just disable it temporarily so you can attach a new ATA drive.

drive.PNG

(Image: add a new HDD and select the offline drive)
add your new HDD under IDE controller and select the physical disk.

1674746410853.png

(Image: Inside of FreeBSD)
Boot your Hyper-V VM FreeBSD Box

Now when your inside of FreeBSD run command:

gpart list | more

Make sure to | "pipe" more for this and find your new ATA drive. Notice my 3.8G USB Microdrive da1s1, Once again this must be a USB "HDD" not a flash drive.

I have found the name da1s1, so let's mount my msdos partition.

Just use the command:

mount -v -t msdosfs /dev/da1s1 /mnt/

1674746675223.png

(Image: Mirco Drive mounted that has my CA file)
after run a df and see if your new ATA drive is mounted.
once you can see the /mnt/ you can cd to that mount and do a ls and find your file you want to copy over to the FreeBSD box.

Now cp the file my file is CA-cert.crt
cp /mnt/CA-cert.crt /usr/share/certs
Now the issue with private proxy certificate authority is now resolved!!

Thanks for the information about the configuration file.

I'm running www/lynx-current myself, mostly to browse the local file system and read text/html manuals in console (virtual terminal).

To configure specific cookies policy, when in lynx, press "o" key to enter options menu as you have, move to "Security and Privacy", Cookies, press enter, choose "accept all", go to top third line "Save options to disk", press enter (this will mark the box), go to top second line, "Accept Changes", press enter.

The Lynx configuration will be saved under ~/.lynxrc. When thereis no such file, then /usr/local/etc/lynx.cfg is read.

/usr/local/etc/lynx.cfg can be used to set system wide preferences, for all users. For example to accept all cookies uncomment line 1362 and set to "TRUE":
Code:
#ACCEPT_ALL_COOKIES:FALSE

In Lynx Users Guide (press "h" key in lynx), see "Main configuration file lynx.cfg".

To locate the file pkg-info(8) has a "list-files" option, which displays all files installed belonging to a application, installed from ports or packages. For example:
Rich (BB code):
pkg info -l lynx-current
lynx-current-2.9.0d10:
        /usr/local/bin/lynx
        /usr/local/etc/lynx.cfg.sample
Alternatively use pkg alias "list": pkg list lynx-current .
1674747581987.png

(Image: setting cookies to true)
I used ee editor and found that line thank you !!

Thank you T-Daemon. I have also found the folder to import my private CA certificate for the proxy. I just cp the file into /usr/share/certs.

To transfer the CA.crt file I had to un-mount my Micro HDD via off-line it inside of Windows 10. This cannot be a flash drive for this to work.

View attachment 15461
(Image: Offline Drive for use with Hyper-V FreeBSD Host)
Unmount the USB HDD inside of Computer Management find your USB HDD and change it to offline with a right click.

View attachment 15462
(Image: Turn off Checkpoints temp for use of new drive)
Turn checkpoints off or it will fail to boot the box, just disable it temporarily so you can attach a new ATA drive.

View attachment 15463
(Image: add a new HDD and select the offline drive)
add your new HDD under IDE controller and select the physical disk.

View attachment 15464
(Image: Inside of FreeBSD)
Boot your Hyper-V VM FreeBSD Box

Now when your inside of FreeBSD run command:

gpart list | more

Make sure to | "pipe" more for this and find your new ATA drive. Notice my 3.8G USB Microdrive da1s1, Once again this must be a USB "HDD" not a flash drive.

I have found the name da1s1, so let's mount my msdos partition.

Just use the command:

mount -v -t msdosfs /dev/da1s1 /mnt/

View attachment 15465

(Image: Mirco Drive mounted that has my CA file)
after run a df and see if your new ATA drive is mounted.
once you can see the /mnt/ you can cd to that mount and do a ls and find your file you want to copy over to the FreeBSD box.

Now cp the file my file is CA-cert.crt
cp /mnt/CA-cert.crt /usr/share/certs
Now the issue with private proxy certificate authority is now resolved!!

Thanks for the information about the configuration file.
1674748053632.png

(Image: File being copied over)

1674748973109.png

(Image: line 3586)
points to certificate files

1674749832790.png

I pointed it to my certificate authority file worked for a couple sites and now same result.

Back