lxpanel broken

Hi. I think is the right forum for that.
Yesterday, i said to try lxde.
So i installed lxde-meta.
Everything compiled without errors.
But when i load lxde, lxpanel is not showing up.
I tried from terminal to make it run but i took error.
Code:
lxpanel can't load netstat plugin
Maybe is a bug. Can you check if something is wrong on lxpanel?

netstat plugin

Code:
lxpanel can't load netstat plugin

netstat plugin it's NOT netstat command! ;)

netstat plugin is lxde tray' plugin...

Try:
Code:
network-admin --configure
May be it can help you...

Note. I use lxde under (L)ubuntu, not under FreeBSD...

Does /usr/local/lib/lxpanel/plugins/netstatus.so exist?

For what it's worth, though, even if I remove that plugin, lxpanel still starts up for me.

Adam

This is a somewhat older thread that I just stumbled upon.
Meanwhile a new version of lxpanel is in the ports and has a new maintainer with Kris Moore.
Most of lxpanel's plugins are only for Linux, so I began fixing them. The netstatus plugin already works now. It will show you IP adresses, Rx/Tx Bytes and signal strength for wireless devices. Temperature monitor was also fixed and displays the output of "sysctl hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature". Those fixes are already committed.
CPUfreq is ready but not committed. I will do this after also fixing the battery status plugin. So stay tuned! :)

Actually I also use Fluxbox because I am used to it because I am using that for years now.
But I installed lxde for my girlfriend on her EeePC and wanted to take a look at the new version. Right now I also configured as my standard WM / DE, but I find the key configuration horrible to change. One needs to go through Openbox' XML config hell manually to change the key config.
Anyone interested in hacking a gui for that?

Me too. Fluxbox and dwm. Also I like WindowMaker. I use most Fluxbox and sometimes dwm. But sometimes I want to make a change on my desktop. I prefer Xfce because is lighter than Gnome or KDE. Lxde seems better :) I never used it but I will use it for sure.

lme@ said:
Actually I also use Fluxbox because I am used to it because I am using that for years now.
But I installed lxde for my girlfriend on her EeePC and wanted to take a look at the new version. Right now I also configured as my standard WM / DE, but I find the key configuration horrible to change. One needs to go through Openbox' XML config hell manually to change the key config.
Anyone interested in hacking a gui for that?

Openbox key-binding structure is very dynamic and complicated(options and actions mixed in with sub-nodes and chains), writing a GUI that can edit/create and parse all valid configurations would be painful.

expl said:
Openbox key-binding structure is very dynamic and complicated(options and actions mixed in with sub-nodes and chains), writing a GUI that can edit/create and parse all valid configurations would be painful.

Yeah, I'd prefer LXDE using Fluxbox. Fluxbox' key config is a piece of cake. :)

Back