love gnome 2.24

Gnome 2.24 is another step into the wrong direction (users don't need no stinking options LOL, use the stupid defaults dumbuser).
For example, there's no easy way to remove gnome-panel from desktop, you'd have to do it from win^H^H^Hgnome registr^H^H^H^H^Hconfiguration editor .. replacing metacity with another window manager has been made difficult as well.
GDM configuration tools have been removed too.
But let's hope it will get better.

Gnome 2.24 is another step into the wrong direction (users don't need no stinking options LOL, use the stupid defaults dumbuser).
For example, there's no easy way to remove gnome-panel from desktop, you'd have to do it from win^H^H^Hgnome registr^H^H^H^H^Hconfiguration editor .. replacing metacity with another window manager has been made difficult as well.

dh said:
This is another story.

dh said:

By the way if you need to remove the panel I guess Gnome isn't the best desktop for that.

I guess he has a mouse with one button only. Probably a Mac user? When I right-click on one of my panels, I can choose to remove it.

Well, let them \b\i\t\c\h\ (don't beep me forums.freebsd.org!) about Gnome. They obviously try to copy the Linus Torvalds' ignorance. Sometimes I get a headache when I accidentally read the crap he produces on mailing lists.

Whatever. I like Gnome2, vim and sendmail. Spam me personally with your flames. I'll happily redirect you to /dev/null.

Back