(Loongson) mips questions

This didn't feel appropriate for "embedded" because the loongson (MIPS-architecture based) processor (developed in china) is a laptop and perhaps desktop processor.
I guess what I'm wondering is: how well might FreeBSD work on something like the Lemote Yeelong? The MIPS port is still referred to in the FAQ as "unfinished", though I suppose my question is - how unfinished?

I feel the FreeBSD/MIPS port only support big endian processor, but the Loongson family processors has little endian mode only. You may choose OpenBSD/loongson port and NetBSD/evbmips port if you want run BSD with Loongson platform. I have a Yeeloong notebook to run OpenBSD.

Animatrix, keep in mind you're responding to a thread that's almost three years old.

O, I just noticed this thread was not locked, so I thought I could reply in this thread. Yes, please tell me, how long the thread does not allow replies?

As long as the posts are on-topic and relevant it doesn't matter. Just that you are aware of its age.

I think it was/is OpenBSD that had/has a port to the Loongson MIPS board. There's no reason why the people in the FreeBSD community can not ask those in the OpenBSD community for some help. Code has been ported between the BSD flavors for quite some time.

Animatrix said:
I feel the FreeBSD/MIPS port only support big endian processor,but the Loongson family processors has little endian mode only.

Correct: I have read the wiki, obviously the FreeBSD/MIPS port supports little-endian.

Back