Logitech Bluetooth mouses not detected ?

(Setup : FreeBSD 13.2-RELEASE-p4 GENERIC amd64)

Hello !
I'm all new to FreeBSD (trying to switch from 25 years+ from Windows) and I really enjoy it, much messy than Linux (personal feeling) and I feel like running my old Silicon Graphics IRIX !! I've been setting up my whole device by myself (Windows 11 is my main OS, I boot FreeBSD from an external SSD), but there are some things I can't solve, and I definitely don't know about this one.

I have a Bluetooth Logitech Lift (plain Bluetooth, no Unifying at all) running fine on my Windows 11, but I can't pair it in FreeBSD, simply because the mouse is not detected.

My Bluetooth setup looks fine (Intel AX201); I've followed several threads and I can detect without problem my smartphone and my external speaker (I've paired it).

cuse runs, so does bthidd service. I've added to my /etc/rc.conf
Code:
hcsecd_enable="YES"
bthidd_enable="YES"
sdpd_enable="YES"

Tested both :
Code:
hccontrol -n ubt0hci inquiry

bluetooth-config scan

But it doesn't detect any Logitech device. I tried to ping the MAC but no response.

The Lift has 3 Bluetooth profiles that can be paired (physical switch) ; the 1st is paired with Windows, the 2nd one is empty (I'd like it for FreeBSD), and I tested the 3rd one by pairing it to my phone - works perfect, and while I'm on profile 2, my phone perfectly detects it as in pairing mode.
Fun fact too, I also have a Logitech MX Ergo, and it's exactly the same thing - pairing mode perfectly detected on my smartphone, and nothing appears when I scan from FreeBSD.

I think I missed something, but I can't find it...

Thanks a lot !!

I'm not entirely sure but I think only the Wifi part of the AX201 chipset is supported.

I've followed several threads and I can detect without problem my smartphone and my external speaker (I've paired it).
That does seem to suggest the bluetooth part is working. But maybe not fully, the iwlwifi(4) driver doesn't support the newer wifi 6 protocols yet, maybe that's the case for the bluetooth part too.

I'm not entirely sure but I think only the Wifi part of the AX201 chipset is supported.

That does seem to suggest the bluetooth part is working. But maybe not fully, the iwlwifi(4) driver doesn't support the newer wifi 6 protocols yet, maybe that's the case for the bluetooth part too.
Thanks ! Is there something I can investigate ? I'd love to keep the same mouse when I switch from Windows to FreeBSD ; I need specific mouse model for health reasons... (and of course, there is no USB port).
My Logitech mouses are somewhat pretty new models but should work with low Bluetooth specifications ; I just tested with my 2011 Macbook Air (patched to run Ventura) and the mouse is perfectly detected and works fine. I notice there is no password nor PIN on these devices.

Is it possible that the HID part of driver (or my setup) would be problematic ? It's really strange, as the mouse is just not detected.

Thanks again !!

Here comes the problem : my mouses are using Bluetooth Low Energy mode.
I noticed that my BTLE Pebble watch wasn't detected (it's detected everywhere, on any device), and the 2 mouses specifications are the same, using Bluetooth Low Energy.
Tested too on NomadBSD on 2 different computers, same results : everything is detected but the mouses.

Does anyone know if there's something to use such devices ?

Thank you again !

I'm not using any Bluetooth devices. Well, I do just not on FreeBSD. So I'm not that familiar with it. There should be some other users around that do use Bluetooth devices on FreeBSD though.

Well, I bypassed the problem using the provided dongle (I forgot there was one), that's a Bolt (weird Logitech proprietary Unifying dongle), it just works out of the box, perfect !
I'll keep an eye on BTLE support, I'd love to make it work this way.

that's a Bolt (weird Logitech proprietary Unifying dongle)
These use a 2.4GHz signal, but the important thing here is that it's transparent. The mouse will act as if it was a 'regular' USB cabled mouse.

Thank you, it does indeed solve my problem and doesn't affect my setup - I can remove it in Windows when I'm using all my USB sockets (music production), in regular use it won't be problematic when I switch from/to Windows.
This part is done, time to setup Xorg for dual screen in my messy Optimus setup !!
Thanks again. I'll try to keep the thread updated if I get news from Low Energy support and testing this. I've seen Noble on Github (https://github.com/noble/noble) and I'll check this.

I have Apple Magic Mouse which works but not correct - middle button doesn't works as works before.
I do not know if is important but I installed iwmbt-firmware too.

It's pretty hard to tell, because Magic Mouse specs are not clear ; it's officially "Bluetooth", some to say that's Bluetooth 4.2 with LE support, that's maybe why it's detected.

I think newer bluetooth protocol implementations are problematic. Logitech M535 with classic Bluetooth 3.0 works for me, Logitech M240 with Bluetooth LE does not.

I found a problem for my mouse: it is sysctl kern.evdev.rcpt_mask which is default 12 and for my mouse works just 3 but than I have a problem with with laptop.
For both works settings 15 (12+3) but Apple mouse is too fast.

Any other idea, please?

Did you test
I found a problem for my mouse: it is sysctl kern.evdev.rcpt_mask which is default 12 and for my mouse works just 3 but than I have a problem with with laptop.
For both works settings 15 (12+3) but Apple mouse is too fast.

Any other idea, please?
Did you try to change moused -A and -a values ?

Yes, I did and it works like I want to work: kern.evd... value 15 and than I used xinput and it is done.
It is mouse from 2009 and now is 2023 and it works the same as 14 years ago :).

Back