• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Locked out of an account and cannot get through captcha

user00

Hi all,

Switching between Linux and FreeBSD on my machine, I entered forum password wrong twice and was redirected to a catpcha that asked 'what BSD systems are there other than FreeBSD'. I responded with NetBSD, but was redirected to the regular login screen with a red message across the top stating the same thing - that I was required to enter catpcha for entering wrong password too many times.
So I tried to log in and again was redirected to a login page with captcha that asked what 3 types of firewalls are shipped with FreeBSD. I entered iptables and was redirected to the regular login screen with the same error message.
Then I was asked what file systems ship with FreeBSD and responded with ufs. Then it started all over again with the very 1st question.
Long story short, no matter how I answer the captcha questions, it never lets me in.
I tried clearing the cookies, restarting the browser, logging in from another machine - nothing works and I ended up registering another account.

Is there any way at all to log back into the old account? I know for certain that password is correct.

Thank you!

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I don't think I have enough power to help you out. An admin will be around shortly, he should be able to help you.