Solved locked out, kernel panic

I was changing the boot time to zero and seen about splash screens, did that, and within that instruction it said for 1024x768 add vesa_load="YES" in the /boot/loader.conf file, now I see a vesa not present error then kernel panic, I've gotten myself to this OK prompt, and using my phone tried a combination of suggestions.

None of them worked, obviously, as I am now posting on how to get back in .

Code:
unset vesa
reboot

disable-module vesa
reboot

and with set

set vesa_load="NO"

using show,
unset  loader_conif_files=/boot/loader.conf
I get no dir or file
I have no idea what to do. I do not know or one cannot just get into that file and vi edit it then boot.
plus the boot splash screen image my cause an issue (maybe).

Have you tried issuing a boot command instead of reboot?
oh that is what I did, boot, reboot is a typo

what I ended up doing this morning ( a few minutes ago) is booting my install usb stick going into shell then mounting the slice and editing the /boot/loader.conf by removing that line , save, reboot and now I am back in it as I type this even.

all of the other "solutions" on the internet for this same issue failed btw

I'm glad you solved it. But it's not clear what was happening after you were issuing boot. Was it crashing at that time or what? By the way, Vesa support is implemented as a kernel module (/boot/kernel/vesa.ko) which can be loaded and unloaded within the loader's prompt (loader(8)).

I'm glad you solved it. But it's not clear what was happening after you were issuing boot. Was it crashing at that time or what? By the way, Vesa support is implemented as a kernel module (/boot/kernel/vesa.ko) which can be loaded and unloaded within the loader's prompt (loader(8)).

I am still not completely familiar with the different ways of booting this OS. I removed everything that boot selection screen and made delay time 0 the only thing I found that I could do to get that OK prompt was hit any key .

Whenever I issued a command it either gave me the, no directory or file, error or it "accepted it" by going to the OK prompt, then I'd issue boot, then it would just go to the OK Prompt again and sit there.

I was just following instructions without thinking about it, but would not a vesa driver screw up my system anyways? It uses intel 5500 chip..

dmesg
Code:
module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (vesa, 0xffffffff810f9a00, 0) error 19
random: registering fast source Intel Secure Key RNG
random: fast provider: "Intel Secure Key RNG"
nexus0
vtvga0: <VT VGA driver> on motherboard
Code:
userx@FreeBSD64.net:/boot
$ cat  /etc/rc.conf
clear_tmp_enable="YES"
hostname="FreeBSD64.net"