For some reason pkg check -d llvm12 shows this:
Code:
    Checking llvm12: 100%
    llvm12 is missing a required shared library: libcxxrt.so.1
    llvm12 is missing a required shared library: libc.so.7
    llvm12 is missing a required shared library: libthr.so.3
    llvm12 is missing a required shared library: libncursesw.so.9
    llvm12 is missing a required shared library: libm.so.5
I rebuilt it to no effect. I do have those files in /lib. Is this intentional so it doesn't clash with the system LLVM?

I did LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib pkg check -d llvm12 to test and nothing changed.

Thanks,
Tod

I have the same problem which I never had before when I used ports. At this momen I have missing just libncursesw.so.9 and sometimes the same as you. This hapenned after each pkg upgrade. If I delete llvm12 and install again than is okay to the next upgrade.
I am going back to the ports because system was faster and I have installed what I wanted not that pulled llvm90 just for py38-shiboken2.5 which build with llvm12 withhout problems and I do not know how many gstreamer-plugins which I never had and who knows what more.

Does fsck on that file system report errors?

At fernandel: Do you notice a difference in performance now that you switched to packages?
Yes. FreeCAD, Firefox were before faster and Qutebrowser too. When I run startx Openbox start was faster too. But I will forgot for slower apps if I didn't lose my settings. But it is my guilty because I knew that packages are build with default settings. FreeBSD changed a lot as Linux and me too...
BTW: fsck didn't find any problems and I have sysutils/smartmontools installed and running too.

Last edited:
Hi,

For some reason pkg check -d llvm12 shows this:
Code:
    llvm12 is missing a required shared library: libncursesw.so.9
I rebuilt it to no effect. I do have those files in /lib. Is this intentional so it doesn't clash with the system LLVM?

I did LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib pkg check -d llvm12 to test and nothing changed.

Thanks,
Tod
Chek in FreeBSD mailing list (ports). It is a bug.

Sorry, I see no mention of llvm12 at <https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-ports/thread.html>

If you like, mark your post as Solved.

Code:
root@mowa219-gjp4-8570p-freebsd:~ # uname -KrU
14.0-CURRENT 1400030 1400030
root@mowa219-gjp4-8570p-freebsd:~ # pkg check -d llvm12
root@mowa219-gjp4-8570p-freebsd:~ #
In the above link try to search for "llvm" or "pkg check -ad, llvm10 is missing a required shared library"

The problem can be reproduced by this:
Code:
root@FreeBSD:~ # pkg check -aBdn
Checking all packages: 100%
root@FreeBSD:~ # portmaster --check-depends
llvm12 is missing a required shared library: libncurses.so.8
root@FreeBSD:~ # pkg check -aBdn
llvm12 is missing a required shared library: libncurses.so.8

Yeah, I don't really know what to make of it. I can trigger this problem with pkg remove gcc10 ; pkg autoremove, but it doesn't really seem as simple as that because afterwards I still need to rebuild the port. As mentioned before, it might be Python related. Honestly, the port is just too big for me to debug all sorts of package combinations to solve what is, I guess, not a major issue, as I don't think anything is actually broken. At any rate, keeping gcc10 installed, for whatever reason (some of its dependencies?), seems to avoid the original pkg check problem for me.

From a man page: --check-depends cross-check and update dependency information for all ports
I don't use portmaster, but it looks like portmaster updates dependency data indeed. Most likely candidate to me seems /usr/ports/INDEX-13.db. You could check date/time of it.

Back