Solved lldb fails to create target

I have been writing a simple simulator in C++ using the irrlicht engine. Trying to use modern FreeBSD, I have been trying to debug using lldb on 12-CURRENT. However, when I try and start the debugger with the following command.

lldb sim --core sim.core

I get this error message.
Code:
(lldb) target create "earthsim" --core "earthsim.core"
error: '/home/martin/Development/graphics/earthsim/earthsim' doesn't contain any 'host' platform architectures: x86_64, i386
(lldb) bt
error: invalid target, create a target using the 'target create' command
Debugging with gdb from ports works just fine.

There are a few similar bug reports, but they are all old. Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Have you tried it on a -RELEASE or -STABLE version? Just to rule out it's not something that's caused by using a development branch (any part of that can break at any given time).

Have you tried it on a -RELEASE or -STABLE version? Just to rule out it's not something that's caused by using a development branch (any part of that can break at any given time).
I just went to try it on an 11.1 laptop, which has the same problem. In a strange turn I also found the solution, if I run the debugger with full path to the executable it runs fine. So

lldb /usr/home/username/bin/sim --core sim.core

Solves the problem. Hope that proves useful to others.

Back