List of Free Science Books

cpm@

Developer
Here's an alphabetical list of all available free books. Note that many of the links will bring you to an external page, usually with more info about the book and the download links. Also, the links are updated as frequently as possible, however some of them might be broken. Broken links are constantly being fixed. In case you want to report a broken link, or a link that violates copyrights, use the contact form.

http://physicsdatabase.com/book-list-by-title/.

I find a book called "Operating Systems: Three Easy Pieces" in your link, which looks worth reading.:e

There is also this thing, called the Project Gutenberg, with lots of free books for eReaders, like Kindle for example. It's multilingual, and I would recommend you guys to check it out and to perhaps support this project in your own language. Right now there aren't many books available there, but hopefully things will change.

Also, there are two really good books on Haskell which are both for free: Real World Haskell and Learn You a Haskell for Great Good! (the author of the latter is a Slovenian, yay ... sorry for saying it extra, but we're such a small country, it makes me really proud that some of us managed to get recognition).

Thanks for all of the books. I'm currently out of school, paying down some debt before I take on more, so keeping my mind active is top priority. Now, my next decision is what I want to start studying first.

I've been messing around with objdump and such alot a lot lately from binutils, so I thought Id I'd mention the free assembly books like nasm's manual and 'Art of Assembly' etc.

ColdfireMC said:
i need churchill's complex analysis, someone?

Well, it's available on McGraw-Hill, it isn't so expensive and certainly it's a very recommended book for engineers/physicists :)

cpm said:
Well, it's available on McGraw-Hill, it isn't so expensive and certainly it's a very recommended book for engineers/physicists :)

sorry man, i live in chile, technical books here are quite expensive (math or physics books usually cost 100-150usd), and there is not in any local bookstores or catalog vendors. in my "campus" (if that full of rats cabin can be called campus) there is one, yes, only one for 3500 students (assuming 150 students coursing "complex analisys", and a huge desertion rate), and is not in the local language (spanish, was a donation of a brazilian university).

PS: it's not in the Latin American McGrawHill's catalog

Back