Linux executable

I have a web hosting account (no root access) on a FreeBSD 7.3 system. I don't have the ability to compile this software on the FreeBSD system, so I am attempting to build it on my own Linux system and run it on the FreeBSD system in a Linux compatibility mode.

I did this before, and it works fine, but I'm trying it again after an update, and it fails with a signal 8 (Floating exception).

One difference between the working and non-working versions is the executable version. The working one is:

ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

while the non-working one is:

ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

Is that the problem? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

i didn't understand why Steven didn't compile his program locally and upload it. He could even get a copy of FreeBSD 7.3, install it on virtual box, compile it there and transfer it to the account.
I didn't understand the whole linux solution in the first place.

User with 1 post, using FreeBSD 7, having difficulties to get a particular unnamed software work, asking for support.
smells like the metin pattern...

Back