Linux binary vs FreeBSD binary

I'm working on a project about recompiling Linux binaries to FreeBSD. No, I'm not talking about Linux binary compatibility. I want to do something different. I know FreeBSD and Linux are two different OSes, and it's very hard or maybe impossible to do something like that, but all fine... I will find a way. By the way, I just recompiled one of the hello world software written in c to FBSD. I need some more information about FreeBSD's binary differences.
So I have been searching for differences between FBSD and Linux binary and already found these:

1)Linked libraries are different
2)ELF header different
..?

Note: Assume that architectures are the same(trying on x86_64)
Thanks...

some info,

You don't compile binaries but we know what you meant. It isn't hard or impossible in every situation to compile C code to FreeBSD. Especially any helloworld.c code. The problems come up with ABI compatibility and targeted code.

C ABI is the same, everything about ELF objects is exactly the same, syscall conventions are different I believe.

No, I'm not talking about Linux binary compatibility. I want to do something different. I know FreeBSD and Linux are two different OSes, and it's very hard or maybe impossible to do something like that, but all fine... I will find a way.
I'm getting teenage angst vibes from this :)

By the way, I just recompiled one of the hello world software written in c to FBSD.
You did?

C ABI is the same, everything about ELF objects is exactly the same, syscall conventions are different I believe.

I'm getting teenage angst vibes from this :)

You did?
Hahah. It's hard to hide the angry teenager inside me. Don't mind it.

Back