linksys WMP600N wi-fi

Sorry I am new in unix... If somebody knows where to find and how to install linksys WMP600N wi-fi card drivers? There's no support in BSD 7.2 and no drivers for unix in the linksys web site.

You are not totaly wrong... just a little :)
I've already check this topic.
Linksys WUSB600N is supporter (the usb model).
but Linksys WMP600N is not in the list.
I was wrong like you and ivent install the driver but noting happened.

Can you post pciconf -lv output?
I can't copy it becos it is on a diferend machine but... about this device it says sonething like... (don't ivent know still how do the peaple copy and post the consol lines in the forums :D)

Code:
none2@pci0:0:15:0: class=0x028000 card=0x00671797 chip=0x59611002 rev=0x01
hdr=0x00
vendor = 'ralink technologi corp'
class = 'network'

Donno what that suppose to meen... is it recognised??? Or I still have to install drivers, but when I type ifconfig I don't see this card in the list.

Well :( sorry to hear that.. It is one of the best linksys cards.
May be the next versions of BSD will support it :)
Thanks anyway.

Hello everyone,

I was searching for a pci wifi card that works on the 5ghz band and works on OSX of course. So I found the Linksys WMP600N dualband pci wifi card with a RALINK2860 chipset that's supposed to work on osx. (with these drivers Drivers RALINK2860 ).

The installation is quite straightforward:

1) Install the drivers.
2) Reboot.
3) I checked if the RT2860WirelessDriver.kext was in my extensions folder.
4) Shut down again.
5) Connected the wifi card and booted up.

When I booted into osx, the Ralink wireless utility already started up and found my router right away.

I wanted to use the 5ghz band because the 2.4 band in my neighbourhood is quite saturated (25+ routers) and I couldn't use my o so sweet 60mbit internet connection to the fullest. So I switched to 5ghz on my linksys 610n router, and had no problems getting 60mbit out of the connection.

I'm a happy man, that just wanted to let you guys know that the linksys wmp600n works quite well under osx 10.5.6

Cheers,
Petrov Young

Heh, I hadn't even noticed ;)

Uhm, yeah, Petrov, this is a FreeBSD forum, and even though FreeBSD has invaded userland parts of OSX, it certainly isn't interchangeable at the driver level. You would probably fare better at an OSX forum.

Back