Light grey on white text entry labels for registration?

I know that low contrast graphics are very much the fashion just from looking at online maps recently, but the registration screen is the worst example I've ever seen. I looked for the year box, but could not find it until my registration generated an error message. I had looked. When I didn't see one I assumed you just wanted day and month.

Would you please consider that some of us have had to endure multiple eye surgeries and now must contend with glaucoma and macular degeneration. I can still see, but it's challenging if contrast is low. And I know several people whose vision issues make mine a walk in the park.

Are you so obsessed with being fashionable that you want to abuse people just because you can? Please have some sense. There is *no* benefit to low contrast text unless you simply want to torment people.

Made one hell of a welcome for an old man with many years of experience with more flavors of Unix than can be easily counted. My day job 30 years ago was building X & Motif for everything from workstations to supercomputers for a major oil company and sending or taking 8mm installation tapes to whomever asked, for whatever system they were using. I'll save my comments about building X11 for another post.

Reg

Back