Solved LibreOffice doesn't start: Unspecified Application Error

Hello,

LibreOffice recently stopped working on my computer. The logo banner shows up, but then nothing more.

Using libreoffice-7.3.2.2_4 from latest packages on 13.1-STABLE.

Running it from the command line returns Unspecified Application Error without any more details.
Same with and without --safe-mode.
There doesn't seem to be any kind of --verbose option to get relevant debugging information.

I first thought this was related to the recent drm-kmod upgrade, but reverting it to the previous version didn't change anything.

Anyone else affected?

uname -K

GENERIC kernel, system built on 2022-04-16.

LibreOffice worked fine following the last system upgrade, the problem was introduced inbetween by some pkg upgrade, probably last week.

As for MESA, I don't think it's related, that issue seems older:
The thread claims Mesa 20.3.1 works. I'm on Mesa 20.3.4.
Success! Thank you. 20.3.1 indeed does work!
graphics/mesa-dri has been on 21.3.x for a while and hasn't been updated in the last weeks, when the problem appeared for me.

amd64.

I just noticed the following:
editors/libreoffice: warn users about libcxxrt ABI incompatibility

Mark BROKEN on affected versions of FreeBSD main and stable/13 and tell
users to update FreeBSD first so they have the latest libcxxrt.
... should I upgrade the system or will libreoffice-7.3.2.2_5 (or an upcoming port revision) likely fix the problem?

LibreOffice worked fine following the last system upgrade
should I upgrade the system or will libreoffice-7.3.2.2_5 likely fix the problem?
That's why I was wondering about the specific version you have because of these:
Code:
.if ${OPSYS} == FreeBSD && ( \
    (${OSVERSION} >= 1300525 && ${OSVERSION} < 1301000) || \
    (${OSVERSION} >= 1301500 && ${OSVERSION} < 1301502) || \
    (${OSVERSION} >= 1400051 && ${OSVERSION} < 1400057))
BROKEN= please update FreeBSD base system first to fix an ABI incompatibility
.endif
This implies there are some specific changes you need to have in the base OS. Your 1301501 should fall neatly into this. Make sure you updated the entire base OS (aka world), not just the kernel.

Yes, I did upgrade both kernel and world together.

[edit]
Sorry, I first misunderstood your message: my system falls neatly into the problematic range!
Trying to build from ports indeed tells me libreoffice-7.3.2.2_5 is marked as broken: please update FreeBSD base system first to fix an ABI incompatibility.

Let's go for a system upgrade.

Never mind. QT_QPA_PLATFORM has to be set to wayland, not wayland-egl. After I set it to wayland, I had no problems starting libreoffice.

QT_QPA_PLATFORM has to be set to wayland, not wayland-egl. After I set it to wayland, I had no problems starting libreoffice.
Just for future readers: You mean setting it to wayland-egl, right (since it was apparently set to wayland)?

No, I meant exactly what I said. Libreoffice refused to start with the setting wayland-egl, but it started with the setting wayland.

Back