Solved LibreOffice 7.4.1.2

Hi!

I am using just packages on FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p2 and I have a problem with Libreoffice. When I try to open Draw or Impress I got:
Component cannot be loaded, possibly broken or incomplete installation.
Full error message:

loading component library <file:///usr/local/lib/libreoffice/program/../program/libsdlo.so> failed.
I do not have a problem with dependencies.

Thank you.

Hi!

I am using just packages on FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p2 and I have a problem with Libreoffice. When I try to open Draw or Impress I got:

I do not have a problem with dependencies.

Thank you.
Where are you pointing for a package repo? Quarterly or latest? Reason for asking is I'm on13.1-p2, pointing at quarterly and it looks like the version there is 7.3.5.2; I have no issues opening Draw or Impress.

If you are pointing at latest, but in the past had been pointing at quarterly, dependencies may have gotten confused.
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling?

If this helps anyone: On a stable/13 host I have no problems running LibreOffice 7.4.1.2. However, I built the package myself via poudriere - I'm not using the official binary package repos.

What does it show if you do

ls -l /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/program/../program/libsdlo.so

on my version that file exists, if it does not exist on yours Then maybe file a bug?

I solve a problem with pkg update -f
Everything was just reinstalled.

Sorry it was my mistake: I did upgrade -f

Last edited:
What does it show if you do

ls -l /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/program/../program/libsdlo.so

on my version that file exists, if it does not exist on yours Then maybe file a bug?
before update libsdlo.so exist on my system

Reactions: mer
I have this same problem. The file libsdlo.so exists, but I cannot launch LO Drawing.
The version is 7.4.12 which was came when I installed Texmaker or Kile (which doesn't seem to work anyway, so I removed it).
What are my options? Can I revert to an earlier version, and if so, what is the best way to do that? Thanks.

Dear Zagzigger,
I have had the same issue running FreeBSD-12.3, too. But fetching all packages and reinstalling them fixed the issue. I am not 100% sure about the command for that because I have tried older libreoffice versions before but without success. Re-fetching and re-installation should be done by pkg upgrade -f.

Dear Zagzigger,
I have had the same issue running FreeBSD-12.3, too. But fetching all packages and reinstalling them fixed the issue. I am not 100% sure about the command for that because I have tried older libreoffice versions before but without success. Re-fetching and re-installation should be done by pkg upgrade -f.
Thanks, that worked. And it goes to prove I don't understand as much as I thought I did.
Thanks again - it was driving me crazy.

Thanks, that worked. And it goes to prove I don't understand as much as I thought I did.
Thanks again - it was driving me crazy.
Same for me. I guess that there has been a bit flip or so in a different related pkg file. The brute pkg upgrade -f is necessary once in a few years :). Thanks to the maintainers the package system is very reliable.

Back