Letter counter hiding actual letters when replying

Hi!

Not sure if this counting thing for your letters is a new thing when you reply in threads but it's currently hiding the text you are typing as you enter the area for the box. I will attach a picture for it:

inprogress.png

Here the letters ex are hidden behind the box.
It's a little annoying and if you have time at hands maybe you can put it elsewhere? I spellcheck as I write and everytime I hit the box it makes me feel weird inside.

The above is shown running Windows 7 with this information in the top of about:support:

aboutsupport.png

Thanks!

- - -
michael_hackson

I'd like to share my support for this as well. I've had the same problem a few times now and it can really get quite annoying, especially when you write longer posts, because then the lines are always at the bottom.

My problem is that it usually involves typing out command parameters and then there's no way to verify them which can get annoying over time.

I was about to post myself right now when I found this thread ;)

I've removed it with uBlock Origin for now. :)

Nice thing. Didn't even know that was something ublock could block. Done now. Thank you for letting me learn that feature! Can you put it into a ruleset? Since it seems to reappear in next message.

Nice thing. Didn't even know that was something ublock could block. Done now. Thank you for letting me learn that feature! Can you put it into a ruleset? Since it seems to reappear in next message.
Hmm, I just used "Block Element" and picked the counter. It hasn't come back yet. This is what appears under "My filters" in uBlock Origin's Dashboard:
Code:
forums.freebsd.org##.fr-counter

Did it once more. Had a different appearance the second time. Had that fr-counter + some more information, now it seems gone though. Thanks!

Back