Lenovo P51

Hi there, back again for some useful tips. After one 1 year I resumed my FreeBSD installation and I was able to install the Nvidia driver 375, for the Quadro M2200. But I'm encountering this problem. I'm to able to switch back to virtual console ALT Fx doesn't work anymore under X. I installed as a WM i3. Nvidia-settings either doesn't work it says libxcb.so not present, any suggestion thanks in advance.

As far as I know the NVidia driver has a bit of problem switching back to a vt(4) console. You can try setting the console to the old sc(4). I'm not 100% sure if this will work for you but it's worth a shot.

Add to /boot/loader.conf:
Code:
kern.vty=sc

Thanks for the advice, but now my system hangs on boot.
Anyone know how to mount a ZFS partition so I can correct my /boot/loader.conf?
May I remove the 375 NVidia driver and use the FreeBSD NVidia driver?

Thanks for the advice,but now my system hangs on boot.
Anyone know how to mount a ZFS partition so I can correct my /boot/loader.conf?
Does the loader(8) menu still show up?

Use [Esc] to loader prompt, then
Code:
set kern.vty=vt
boot

May I remove the 375 NVidia driver and use the FreeBSD NVidia driver?
You should be able to use x11/nvidia-driver for this card.

Does the loader(8) menu still show up?

Use [Esc] to loader prompt, then
Code:
set kern.vty=vt
boot

You should be able to use x11/nvidia-driver for this card.
As you suggested didn't work.I have to say if thereis a nice tutorial how to use would be great.
I tried the driver x11/nvidia-driver didn't work so i had to reinstall everything i just have to accept that virtual console
from 1 to 7 do not work.
Now i have to resize the fonts on X my monitor is a 4k .
Next homework Bhyve and Dtrace

I am experiencing a similar issue like hazz.

kern.vty="sc" does not work as the display freezes as soon as the kernel is booting. These are the last lines I can see:

Code:
Booting...
Start @ 0xffffffff80310000 ...
EFI framebuffer information:
addr, size     0xa0000000, 0x21c0000
dimensions     3840 x 2160
stride         4096
masks          0x00ff0000, 0x0000ff00, 0x000000ff, 0xff000000

And that is it.

On the other hand, hw.vga.textmode="1" does not do anything. Do I have any other options besides disabling UEFI or using the Intel KMS framebuffer?

Edit: Tried hw.syscons.disable="1" as well, same result like kern.vty="sc".

Regards
Thomas

Hi i presume to have resolved under the bios set up in display config i set Discrete graphics with

Hi i presume to have resolved under the bios set up in display config i set Discrete graphics with
I already enabled Discrete Graphics in the BIOS and X is working fine with my NVIDIA card. The problem I have is that I cannot return to the console nor can I log out from GNOME because GDM returns back to the console for this and then I get a black screen. I do not really need efifb but it seems like I cannot just disable it.

Just to share my experience with P51 (Quadro M2200, using Discrete Graphics setting) running 12.0-ALPHA9 with UEFI boot -- I'm not seeing any issues described in this thread, using vt by default, switching from/to X works, exiting from X works, so probably upcoming 12.0-RELEASE should help here.

Had you installed the nvidia driver from ports or from the official nvidia sites?probably you tried to ctrl+alt F1-F10
The 12 version was smooth too for me

Had you installed the nvidia driver from ports or from the official nvidia sites?probably you tried to ctrl+alt F1-F10
The 12 version was smooth too for me

From ports, nvidia-driver-390.87. Yes, I tried switching to console and back, everything went fine.

Back