ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libssl.so.8" not found, required by "pkg"

I have upgraded another 11.2-RELEASE system to 12.0-RELEASE. This time by building from sources.

But now, /usr/sbin/pkg complains about the missing library libssl.so.8. Can you tell me what went wrong here?

Hint: /usr/share/vt/keymaps/de.kbd is not loaded. Same problem?

After a major upgrade you need to reinstall all packages.

pkg-static install -f pkg
pkg upgrade -f

There's another problem:

root@fb64:~ # pkg-static install -f pkg
Bad system call (core dumped)

Where did you get the source from? And exactly how did you upgrade? As you are going from one release to another why didn't you use freebsd-update(8)?

I was using freebsd-update.

But first I edited /etc/freebsd-update.conf so that
Code:
Components src
was active. Reason:
Code:
Components src world kernel
left another upgraded system with a broken PAM setup (login impossible).
So I have tried the "source only" way today:

Code:
freebsd-update -r 12.0-RELEASE
freebsd-update install
cd /usr/src
make buildworld && make kernel
mergemaster -p
nextboot -o "-s"
cd /usr/src
make installworld
mergemaster
reboot
cd /usr/src
yes|make delete-old
yes|make delete-old-libs
reboot
pkg-static install -f pkg && portupgrade -af

There's absolutely no reason to do both a source upgrade and a binary upgrade. Besides that, you never finished the binary upgrade ( freebsd-upgrade install needs to be run 2 or 3 times).

Test
There's absolutely no reason to do both a source upgrade and a binary upgrade.
It is the default entry in freebsd-update.conf and a (simple) way to keep the sources updated also.
Besides that, you never finished the binary upgrade ( freebsd-upgrade install needs to be run 2 or 3 times).
Not when doing a source only update. I just have tried to run freebsd-update one mor time. It complained that I should run a freebsd-update fetch first. As I said, now I am trying a source only update because the binary update failed. But now I just have other problems with the resulting system.

Back