lazy after messing with an update / telegram-desktop

Dear Sir,
Firstly, FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE, me have realized on January 9, 2021 pleases me and I can go forward in a way, I like a lot. Yet, as it is with the years that went by... I failed here and there to learn some basics more thoroughly through I guess...

Me goin' from firefox 108 to 111 failed at first, but{t} I managed after all going to the port/directory of firefox98-esr, me using here and now. The "make install"-process, well, it took a whole wee(a)k (with downtimes) to finish it. But anyways...

Now, telegram-desktop would not allow be being this lazy. Doin' "make install" in the port/directory produces the same error message, i.e.

telegram-desktop
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.5) with this library (5.15.7)
Abort (core dumped)

Now, what?

Your|s sincerely
Matthias

Why don't you use packages instead of ports?
If you have no good reason, try this:

If you can, save your system as is (see bectl(8) if you have ZFS on root).
Then, run: pkg upgrade.

What is your telegram version?
Thanx for the askin :) well, now I removed them both.

<pkg> wants to install version 4.7.1, but on the fly there will be an upgrade of firefox which I don't agree with.

<Make> works on version 3.6.1 in the port/tree but fails on #include "absl/meta/type_traits.h" in ./tg_owt.

siguri Due to security issues it's better to always use the latest version of Firefox but you can prevent Firefox from updating using pkg-lock(8) (although not a good idea at all): # pkg lock firefox or if you have firefox-esr: # pkg lock firefox-esr
If you have no special reason, use packages instead of ports. In this way, you don't need to compile programs anymore and you use a prebuilt binary version.

Back