krunner problem

I have a problem where krunner dies after I type in ~2 characters. Here is an example of what I get running it from a terminal. Basically I can start krunner, it forks to the background, and I can see it's running. Then I type Alt-F2, start typing and the window disappears. I get the errors below and krunner is no longer running.

Code:
$ krunner 
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
Fontconfig warning: "/usr/local/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 14: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
krunner(43003)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::removeEntry: doesn't know "/home/user/.kde4/share/apps/kabc" 
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/user/.qalculate/eurofxref-daily.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/user/.qalculate/eurofxref-daily.xml"
krunner(43003)/libplasma Plasma::PackagePrivate::isValid: Could not find required file mainscript 
$ ps aux | grep krunner 
user   43003  21.9  2.0  745140 120532  5  S     9:44AM     0:01.20 krunner
$ Null pointer in call to GeoDataTreeModel::addFeature (parent  0x82f4ac048  - feature 0x0 ) 
Null pointer in call to GeoDataTreeModel::addFeature (parent  0x82f0ac078  - feature 0x0 ) 
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 5 and type 'Read', disabling...
krunner: Fatal IO error: client killed
KCrash: Application 'krunner' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/local/kde4/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
sock_file=/home/user/.kde4/socket-messmore/kdeinit4__0
krunner(43003)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::removeEntry: doesn't know "/home/user/.local"

This is a pretty fresh install, and I haven't carried over any previous KDE config. It's not a show stopper by any means, but it sure is inconvenient. I'm running out of idea, so if anyone has any clue here, I sure would appreciate it.

Seems that it's an upstream issue. As provisional workaround, some users have disabled the Krunner launcher. Note that the backtrace will give you more useful information to see which is the problematic plugin, then just disable the plugin and in this way can keep running krunner without crashes.

Also, you should stay tuned to this thread recently posted on the kde-freebsd mailing list until a fix is submitted.

I have the same problem. It's a bug in OpenStreetMap. We can disable it:
Alt+F2 -> Click Settings -> Disable "OpenStreetMap with Marble"

Back