keyboard don"t work on KDE4

Hi. I have been instaled FreeBSD 7.2 RELEASED.
I get install Kde4 but I have a problem when it run. Althoug the keyboard and mouse works on FreeBSD (console mode) when I start the KDE4 isn't enabled. I don't understand it. Everybody help me?
Thank you

PD: excuse for my english, but I'm from Colombia. Bye

(solved) I get work with Keyboard and mouse. Thank you

Yes!!!! That was the problem. I added those words in the rc.conf file and it works succesfully. Thank you very much. I follow reading handbook FBSD because now I have try configure the internet service, network and other something I need. Bye

It woks

Just installed FreeBSD 7.2, and had the same problem with keyboard and mouse. Thank you for this solution. It solved my problem too.

Yes, this helped solve my issue. Aparently Xorg can be built without this dependancy on hald and you can use your traditional xorg.conf settings [in which you can also disable autodetecting peripherals]

However, I cant seem to get the UK pound [currency] sign working at all - not even at the console and I have tried all the UK keymaps and different fonts.

Obscurely at 'Login:' I do actually get it, but when logged in I get a beep [in x nothing]

Analyse that !!!

cpcnw said:
However, I cant seem to get the UK pound [currency] sign working at all - not even at the console and I have tried all the UK keymaps and different fonts.

How are you setting the keymaps and are there any other symbols/signs that display this behavior using the various keymaps?

Its just the £ sign that beeps and doesnt do anything. Its as if its being interpreted wrongly. I plugged my 7.1 disc back in yesterday and £ signs work perfectly in console and x. Ive tried various keymaps as I have been told by people on the questions mailing list but it doesnt help. I have ven unplugged my kvm and returned to a standard KB and re-isntalled 7.2 [minimal] and yet still no £ signs. This is a show stopper as far as Im concerned. Does _anybody_ have £ signs working in 7.2 ??? How do I report this as a bug?

Back