kernel panic

tonytung

I have a fairly reproducible kernel panic with 11.1-Release-p7, when I enable a ipsec tunnel (configured by Strongswan) and pass traffic through it. I managed to get a core file saved but it's not yielding much useful information. https://gist.github.com/ttung/5681301e551bff2c4d558792e331d558

The VPS I'm on doesn't have a console w/ scrollback, but the last few lines of the stack trace when the crash happened were very coherent.

Any tips on getting more useful information to the devs?

fnoyanisi

If you fall back to ddb(4) command line , try textdump dump and/or dump commands to get a detailed backtrace.

I could not see much information in the backtrace you shared and you did not mention the steps to reproduce the issue.

Also, try creating a bug report on bugzilla and sending an email to freebsd-net.

butcher

Developer

If you able to make screenshoot or photo, it would be useful. There was at least one known problem in 11.1-RELEASE with ipsec + NAT-T, that can lead to panics. You can try 11.1-STABLE branch where it was fixed.

ankscorek

If you able to make screenshoot or photo, it would be useful. There was at least one known problem in 11.1-RELEASE with ipsec + NAT-T, that can lead to panics. You can try 11.1-STABLE branch where it was fixed.
I am using firefox with getVPN addon ...
Tried Chromium too..but still having kernel panic

since Thursday it is crashing
cant read the vmcore file
however essential snippet of info.last I am sending

Architecture: i386
Architecture Version:2
Version String: 11.1-RELEASE-p9
Panic String: ffs_valloc: dup alloc
Dump Status: good

All suggestions are welcome
As of now I have deleted the chromium and firefox pkg and sending message via non freebsd device

Is it a failing hardware?

Confirmed hardware issue.....