kernel custom error

help me i get message error 1.
please help me to make a kernel using this extra option.

options IPFIREWALL
options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
options IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options IPDIVERT

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 222
  • kernel.txt
    14.6 KB · Views: 214
@neo_leopard

"uname -rp" function is : to show stable/release, version of ur freebsd, and system of ur freebsd, try to run it on ur console, and u can paste it in here.. :D

So when does the error happen? Post the error and the output leading up to it.

If you create a custom kernel change the name (ident) from GENERIC to something else.

The included dmesg says that it's a stock kernel:

Code:
FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Sun Feb 24 19:59:52 UTC 2008
    root@logan.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC

I don't know what the error is about, but it's not about a custom kernel, so it seems .. which may the problem when OP tries to start something assuming a new kernel with desired options is in place.

I guess it comes down to: changing the kernel config file does not automatically switch on options in the kernel. You need to build and install a new kernel, and the kernel config file is the input for that process. If you do decide to go that road, do not change the GENERIC kernel, create a new kernel config file with a different name and build that one.

DutchDaemon said:
I don't know what the error is about, but it's not about a custom kernel, so it seems ..
I think it is, the OP posted his kernel config, unfortunately the ident is still set to GENERIC.

I guess it comes down to: changing the kernel config file does not automatically switch on options in the kernel. You need to build and install a new kernel, and the kernel config file is the input for that process. If you do decide to go that road, do not change the GENERIC kernel, create a new kernel config file with a different name and build that one.
Yes, and don't forget to change the ident string in the custom config.

i unflag the scbus. to compile it with the kernel. and the error gone. it works like a charm. please help edit my kernel to customized. im looking to make it mor quicker. by loosening the soundcard driver.

You will need scbus (scsi bus) if you want to use USB memory sticks and/or harddisks. There is no sound defined in the GENERIC kernel. You're advised to load it dynamically anyway.

Anyway, remove that cpu I486_CPU line (i'm assuming you have a recent machine). CHANGE the ident string to MYKERNEL or something else but do NOT use GENERIC. Remove that makeoptions DEBUG line.

Oh what the heck... Here's an edited version of your kernel config:

Attachments

• kernel.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 220
Back