Kernel build failure.

My kernel failed compilation during the link stage because of some undefined references to ieee80211 functions. I am guessing that this is because I commented out some components that I didn't think I need. How do I know which components in my kernel config depend which others?
Thank you.

Usually, it's pretty obvious; for example, any 802.11 device still in your configuration will require the wlan device, and probably some of the other wlan_* devices as well.

Otherwise, there's often a comment to warn you.

You may also try looking into the following files:
/usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES
/usr/src/sys/`uname -m`/conf/NOTES

manobrow said:
I am guessing that this is because I commented out some components that I didn't think I need.

Check the output of dmesg right after boot. Everything that you need to keep in your custom kernel should be listed there.

Thanks go to everyone who tried to help. I feel I must apologize for forgetting to inform you that I got over the issue :)

manobrow said:
Thanks go to everyone who tried to help. I feel I must apologize for forgetting to inform you that I got over the issue :)
It would be nice for the other members and for who is facing the same problem to know how.

Back