Solved Kensington Expert Mouse Wired / Kensington Expert Mouse Wireless

The 2.4GHz USB nano receiver should make it behave like an ordinary USB mouse.

k.jacker Thanks, for the confirmation about the wired version. I was originally leaning towards getting the wired version but my local computer shops have limited stock and only seem to stock the wireless version.

SirDice Thanks, but if I take a gamble and it doesn't work, will you point me right direction so that I can write a patch?

You don't need a patch, it's a USB mouse. It just looks different.

Sorry for the late reply folks. I've been busy with work and haven't had a chance to test it until now.

Used the USB dongle. Works without a problem. Didn't have to change a single setting. :)

Code:
sudo dmesg | tail -n 6
ugen2.11: <Kensington Expert Wireless TB> at usbus2
ums1 on uhub5
ums1: <Kensington Expert Wireless TB, class 0/0, rev 2.00/1.02, addr 10> on usbus2
ums1: 5 buttons and [XYZT] coordinates ID=2
uhid0 on uhub5
uhid0: <Kensington Expert Wireless TB, class 0/0, rev 2.00/1.02, addr 10> on usbus2

Thanks again SirDice and k.jacker

Used the USB dongle. Works without a problem. Didn't have to change a single setting. :)
You're in luck mine works, but when I hold the left button, if I move the cursor, the left push turns off. So it is impossible for me to move and resize a window, to scroll, to make a multiple selection etc. I've been stuck with this for 3 days.

cedrios Let's make sure we're talking about the same device.

Run this as root

usbconfig dump_device_desc | grep -A16 Kensington\ Expert

Code:
ugen2.5: <Kensington Expert Wireless TB> at usbus2, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON (100mA)

bLength = 0x0012
  bDescriptorType = 0x0001
  bcdUSB = 0x0200
  bDeviceClass = 0x0000  <Probed by interface class>
  bDeviceSubClass = 0x0000
  bDeviceProtocol = 0x0000
  bMaxPacketSize0 = 0x0020
  idVendor = 0x047d
  idProduct = 0x8018
  bcdDevice = 0x0102
  iManufacturer = 0x0001  <Kensington>
  iProduct = 0x0002  <Expert Wireless TB>
  iSerialNumber = 0x0000  <no string>
  bNumConfigurations = 0x0001

Let me know if your results are the same as above.

Back