keep config changes I saw on some threads or erase?

reporting in on this issue:
When I remove the settings and subjective try my typical 40 tab chrome and transmission-qt5 downloading I found the defaults feel slower.
This sysctl.conf setup feels faster noticably.
I also tend to use browser pluin to capture movie clips.
I have bittorrents going ang maybe 10 clips downlaoding at same time as browsing variety of sites with youtube msic playing.
icewm desktop 11.1 amd64 16g ram 6x3.2ghz cpu 2x500g sas zfsroot and torrents going to 5t external ufs softupdate usb drive running at usb2 speed since freebsd doesn't seem to run my blue tab usb3 expansion card at usb3 speed.
Network is cabled to local router 6m down 1m up.
Code:
security.bsd.see_other_uids=0
sysctl kern.maxfilesperproc=1048576
sysctl kern.maxvnodes=1048576
sysctl kern.maxfiles=1048576
sysctl kern.sched.preempt_thresh=224
sysctl kern.sched.slice=3
sysctl kern.sched.interact=5
sysctl kern.ipc.soacceptqueue=4096
sysctl kern.ipc.somaxconn=8192

I sometimes see waiting for socket in a progress line at bottom of chrome.....when downloading many clips......is there a way to raise that limit in chrome or something?

Went back to 0 config in /etc/sysctl.conf

Still everything ok.

I notice i/o lagging when I have bittorrent going.......and I try and save new clips.

I just add as needed, one of my favorites is:

Code:
# Disable Power Button
hw.acpi.power_button_state=NONE

Because more than once I've accidentally hit the power button on my big FreeBSD / NAS server while moving it around on the rack.

I just add as needed, one of my favorites is:

Code:
# Disable Power Button
hw.acpi.power_button_state=NONE

Because more than once I've accidentally hit the power button on my big FreeBSD / NAS server while moving it around on the rack.
What do you think of those configs params above?

reporting in on this issue:
When I remove the settings and subjective try my typical 40 tab chrome and transmission-qt5 downloading I found the defaults feel slower.
This sysctl.conf setup feels faster noticably.
I also tend to use browser pluin to capture movie clips.
I have bittorrents going ang maybe 10 clips downlaoding at same time as browsing variety of sites with youtube msic playing.
icewm desktop 11.1 amd64 16g ram 6x3.2ghz cpu 2x500g sas zfsroot and torrents going to 5t external ufs softupdate usb drive running at usb2 speed since freebsd doesn't seem to run my blue tab usb3 expansion card at usb3 speed.
Network is cabled to local router 6m down 1m up.
Code:
security.bsd.see_other_uids=0
sysctl kern.maxfilesperproc=1048576
sysctl kern.maxvnodes=1048576
sysctl kern.maxfiles=1048576
sysctl kern.sched.preempt_thresh=224
sysctl kern.sched.slice=3
sysctl kern.sched.interact=5
sysctl kern.ipc.soacceptqueue=4096
sysctl kern.ipc.somaxconn=8192

In my experience, tabs in browser is affected by kern.sched.preempt_thresh=[>default].

That's the only setting I know for a fact does something, even if I don't know exactly what it does.

EDIT: There's also this thread of mine that could be of interest to you: Thread 63388

Back