KDE5 - was disrupted Localization

After KDE upgrade faded Russian localization.

I tried to recover - in the System Settings menu Regional Settings put all the fields in Russian ru-RU as he did before. But now it did not work - after restarting Russian localization is not established.

I also noticed one thing. In the user's creation I assigned him a shell tcsh, but the KDE terminal uses sh.

How can I fix it?

Same for me with Ukrainian locale. Cyrillic file names is not readable any more because of using ASCII against UTF-8.
I think something wrong with environment variables setup.

Greetings.

In System Settings/Regional Settings/Languages set Russian/Ukrainian locale in first position. Then in System Settings/Regional Settings/Formats set Region variable to your locale and activate Detailed Settings option, and check if all options are set to "No change". Then try to log-out/reboot and we will see if that works.

In my case Russian locale still works correctly with these settings.

I hope it will help.

The problem is that the use of System Settings/Regional Settings/Languages and Regional Settings/Formats does not work since the last update KDE. A month ago, when I installed KDE it worked, and now there is. I've already thought - may abandon sddm and run KDE from the command line, using startx and ~/.xinitrc?

1572794494109.png

1572794589349.png

As you can see all dialogs are in english while locale set to ukrainian. This never been a problem for me until last plasma upgrade.

BTW, when logged in via startplasma-x11 no problem exists and environment variable LANG is properly defined.

I have the same picture, though I still tried to fill in each field in Regional Settings/Formats. I have so was exposed until renewal. But the result is the same. Localization of flies after the reboot after the upgrade. I thought that it depends on sddm, but having carefully looked through the list of updated packages, I saw that it was not updated, only KDE was updated.

The problem is fixed. After today's update, the Localization was restored, though I had to re-fill all the fields in the Regional Settings/Formats menu.

Back