KDE5 update symbol

Hello,

I have FreeBSD 12 with KDE5 Plasma installed. In the lower right next to the clock there is a circle with an up-arrow. If I hover over it, or click on it, it shows "Updates - System is up to date".
Today I ran "freebsd-update fetch" and "pkg upgrade" and there were, contrary to what the icon showed, some updates to install.

Do I have to setup the icon on the desktop somehow in order for it to work? I am logged into the desktop with my user account, not as root.

Cheers
Ernesto67

Not exactly sure what the icon is updating. On Linux, it updates the whole OS, on FreeBSD, my guess is just userland software (pkg update/upgrade). Highly doubt the icon has anything to do with freebsd-update but that's a guess.

There's an updater which you can find in the "start" menu by typing "update". Or you can right click the icon and go to the updater that way?.
It shows updates mostly to themes, applets and much more. It is apparently a really big collection of stuff. Worth a look to anyone looking
to customize their plasma 5 experience.
As such, it makes sense that updates are only to the themes/wallpapers/applets/stuff that's installed.

Back