KDE5. Error loading plugin "kcm_desktoptheme"...

FreeBSD 11.2. I upgrade kde4 to kde5.

1. systemsettings5: If choice "Desktop Theme" get clean right side whithout options and error if loaded systemsettings5 from konsole: "
org.kde.kcoreaddons: Error loading plugin "kcm_desktoptheme" "The shared library was not found."
Plugin search paths are ("/usr/local/lib/plugins", "/usr/local/lib/qt5/plugins", "/usr/local/bin")
The environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH might be not correctly set
"file:///usr/local/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_desktoptheme/contents/ui/main.qml"
"Error loading QML file.\n227: Type FileDialog unavailable\n47: plugin cannot be loaded for module \"Qt.labs.folderlistmodel\": Module loaded for URI '' does not implement QQmlTypesExtensionInterface\n"
"

2. Not have transpatent effect in konsole.

I install clean FreeBSD 11.2 and KDE5 to VirtualBox: not have this problem.

What is the name of the theme you are choosing? I have no errors with the Breeze theme or the Oxygen theme. Some of the other optional themes seem a little buggy.

I see the transparent effect on my konsole window but only when I drag it with the mouse. If there's a setting for turning transparency on all the time, I can't find it.

What is the name of the theme you are choosing? I have no errors with the Breeze theme or the Oxygen theme. Some of the other optional themes seem a little buggy.
No No...

I see this. Fully clean and error what say up.

I see the transparent effect on my konsole window but only when I drag it with the mouse. If there's a setting for turning transparency on all the time, I can't find it.
I`m too, but in FreeBSD 11.2 in virtualbox all OK ant Desktop Themes and konsole have transparent effect.

Last edited:
This is what I have. It looks quite different. This is FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE running plasma5-plasma desktop version 5.15.2 -- it looks the same on every version of kde5 or plasma5 I've run on either 11.2 or 12.0. What version of kde do you have and what operating system are you using?

What is the problem exactly? I have used KDE a time ago and had no troubles with it. Which method did you used for install KDE? You have installed it and before make an upgrade?\
Edit: The image that you gave looks similar to KDE4. Do you finished the upgrade/installation of KDE, or did you cut it?

Hm... pictures differents... but I have in virtualbox equal pictire for me.

Workstation and virtualbox FreeBSSD and KDE5:

# uname -a
FreeBSD wfadrd-172 11.2-RELEASE-p9 FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p9 #0: Tue Feb 5 15:30:36 UTC 2019 root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64

# pkg sea kde5
kde5-5.12.5.18.08.1 KDE Plasma Desktop and Applications (current)

I now in Antarctida (station Vostok)... Access speed in Internet very slow near 256kbit. Upgrade impossible :).
I have now only local repository.
M.b. have possible solution for fixed this problem without global upgrade. I can last have now situation... but not rules :).
Thanks.

What is your output for pkg info kde5? That's the command you need to see what version is actually installed on your machine. pkg search tells you only what is available for download.

# pkg info kde5
kde5-5.12.5.18.08.1
Name : kde5
Version : 5.12.5.18.08.1
Installed on : Mon Mar 4 21:27:30 2019 +07
Origin : x11/kde5
Architecture : FreeBSD:11:*
Prefix : /usr/local
Categories : x11 kde
Licenses : LGPL20
Maintainer : kde@FreeBSD.org
WWW : https://www.kde.org
Comment : KDE Plasma Desktop and Applications (current)
Options :
KDEADMIN : on
KDEEDU : on
KDEGAMES : on
KDEGRAPHICS : on
KDEMULTIMEDIA : on
KDENETWORK : on
KDEPIM : on
KDEUTILS : on
PULSEAUDIO : off
Annotations :
repo_type : binary
repository : FreeBSD-quarterly
Flat size : 25.1KiB
Description :
KDE is a powerful Free Software graphical desktop environment for Linux
and Unix workstations.

This package does not contain anything by itself -- it is a
"meta-port" that depends on other KDE packages. Its sole purpose is
to require dependencies so users can install this package only and
have all the KDE stuff pulled in by the port/package dependency mechanism.

x11/kde5 contains current KDE Frameworks, Plasma Desktop and Applications.

I wish I could help but without the ability to upgrade, I don't really know how. I've never tried to upgrade from kde4 to kde5. I just installed from scratch. I don't know why no themes are listed for you under Desktop Themes. I don't know why you don't have the options to "Install from file" or "Get new Plasma themes" like I do.

Your theme looks a little like my Oxygen theme, but the title bar buttons on your windows are different. My best guess is that you had a custom theme installed under kde4, but the same theme is not available under kde5. So you might be running with an unsupported theme.

You have no themes listed under Desktop themes, but what about under "Look and Feel"? I have 3 themes listed there: Breeze, Breeze Dark, and Oxygen. They are all standard themes for kde5, and might work better for you, if you could find a way to get one of them applied.

I now copy all for kde5 from FreeBSD installed in virtualbox. M.b. this helped... In virtualbox kde5 work all normal. I Say after what stay.

When choice point "Desktop Themes" (from you "Plasma-Themes") if systemsettings5 run in konsole get this error (I say about in start toppic):
org.kde.kcoreaddons: Error loading plugin "kcm_desktoptheme" "The shared library was not found."
Plugin search paths are ("/usr/local/lib/plugins", "/usr/local/lib/qt5/plugins", "/usr/local/bin")
The environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH might be not correctly set
"Error loading QML file.\n227: Type FileDialog unavailable\n47: plugin cannot be loaded for module \"Qt.labs.folderlistmodel\": Module loaded for URI '' does not implement QQmlTypesExtensionInterface\n"

and error with main.qml ... what this? I do not known... wath think?

I see this. I find again. And google and find another... :(
I make what module kcm_desktopthemes - plugin systemsettings5 loaded but error:

have now last. I copy from VBox FreeBSD ... but not effect... I think what upgrade to kde5 not full and lasted "libs" and/or "conf" previous kde(4) ... but not find waths :( ...

I wish I could be more helpful, but it seems you've already done everything I could think to do -- short of deinstalling and reinstalling -- and, as you've already said, you'd probably need a much faster internet connection to do that in any reasonable length of time.

Ok. Thanks.
I send message to kde forum. M.b. will be answers. I posted this place too.

1. reinstall all kde5, before delete all libs kde4 and qt4 - "Desktop Themes" work normal.

2. I upgrade ports to last update for 26 april 2019.

- make and reinstall mesa-libs to mesa-18.3.2 and konsole (18.01.1) now have transparent effect. Compiled without 'wayland' - now this not work for my FreeBSD 11.2
:(
- another soft not upgrade - upgrade only mesa-libs.

but after upgrade mesa-dri, drm-fbsd11.2-kmod, konsole-19.04.0...
x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel not different and not upgrade.

-!!! if disable "Blur" effects in KDE5 Settings "Desktop effects" - in "Desktop Themes" return transparent effect for interface too!

-!!! if enable "Blur" in konsole Settings - transparent for konsole not have!

Blur effect in mesa - is broken
:(
... but "blur" not need for me. Blur is off :)

I've never been able to get transparency in konsole either, except when I drag and drop the konsole window-- it seems that transparency works okay then, but I guess they don't provide an option to set transparency for when the window is not being dragged.

but after upgrade mesa-dri, drm-fbsd11.2-kmod, konsole-19.04.0...
x11-drivers/xf86-video-intel not different and not upgrade
I use only drm-kmod on a clean installed kde5, also installed libva-intel-driver-2.3.0_3
Is compositing enabled?
Is transparency enabled in konsole?
See attachments.Screenshot_20190427_100856.pngScreenshot_20190427_100808.png

If I enable blur in the system settings, the transparency effects disappear in the KDE interface (plasmashell).
At the same time in the console remain :). If I enable blur in the konsole settings instead of blurring get a dark gray background :).
So why we should be interested in the developers.

I have "old" (~) version of KDE - 5.12.5.18.08.1.
I can not update because I am now in Antarctica at the station Vostok - Internet access is only 256 kbit/s - download the update in a few gigabytes is simply unrealistic on real times :). As well as to make an upgrade from src. :(, but I can only small parts: konsole, mesa-libs and etc. Results is positive it's is OK :).
FreeBSD 11.2 only 2 moths will be actuality, after close support too...

Back