Solved KDE5 dolphin by default can't display Chinese

Tried
Code:
setenv LANG zh_CN.UTF-8
setenv MM_CHARSET UTF-8
dolphin UI displays in Chinese, but still can't display file names in Chinese.
How to let dolphin UI display in English and display Chinese file names correctly?

I think Chinese is a special as it uses double width characters. Software must support it. Same for terminal emulators, only a few support to display double width characters like Chinese. The font used by Dolphin must also support this characters and you may have to install a font and tweak it‘s config. I don‘t use KDE, so this is all I can add to your issue.

I don't use kde but sometimes have need to see Japanese fonts. I've installed some (and have a Japanese input manager)
My guess is going to be fonts, but for Chinese I don't know which ones. I only use a window manager, openbox or dwm, and don't have problems with Japanese. So my *guess* is that it's fonts, rather than KDE

Solved:
In "System Settings/Regional Settings/Formats", set "Region" to "United States (en_US)" (however after relogin and check the option it'll be "United States - American English (en_US)", it works), and deselect "Detailed Settings", after relogin,
$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
Chinese displays both in Dolphin & Konsole while UI display in English, all in expection.

PS:
What's odd is that in the "Detailed Settings" option there are not enough settings for LC_*, and I can't find where settings are saved. To be specific, LC_CTYPE and LC_MESSAGE(which control the UI language) can't be set. It seems incomplete and I'm considering switching to xfce.

Back