KDE4 power management issue

I installed FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE on Acer Aspire 5560G then upgraded it to FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p2 manually, using freebsd-update.

Reason for this round-about way is what appears to be "bad" UEFI implementation on said notebook. FreeBSD 11 boot media itself simply freezes in about 5 seconds. Same with pretty much any Linux boot media's I've tried, except for Debian Live (non-UEFI).

After I was done with upgrading OS, I started with installing binary packages and while installing dbus error messages announced that user 'xxx' disappeared during update.
Bit of searching and found that vipw solves this.

Now, I've got system up and running (KDE4) but one last issue remains. KDE4 power management module is showing me following red cross and error.

From where should I start figuring it out?

I am assuming that the problem has it's roots somewhere in the upgrade from 10.3-RELEASE to 11.0-RELEASE. Basing it on the fact that on another laptop, which has FreeBSD 11.0 installed on it without manual upgrade, KDE4 power management works fine.

Power Management, contrary to the last line of error message, IS ticked and marked as "Running" under StartUp and Shutdown -> Service Manager
j06JCHn.png

Back