KDE4.8 - KActivities

Hi

As in
http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=32194
I have spent some time attempting to install KDE4.8.4; but (although i know next to nothing about the build system, and less about KDE internals) it would seem that part of the port is broken. Building x11/kdebase4-workspace (kde-workspace-4.8.4) fails, talking about a CMake configuration file of some sort:

Code:
-- Found KDE 4.8 include dir: /usr/local/kde4/include
-- Found KDE 4.8 library dir: /usr/local/kde4/lib
-- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor: /usr/local/kde4/bin/kconfig_compiler
-- Found automoc4: /usr/local/bin/automoc4
-- Found Strigi: /usr/local/lib/libstreams.so 
-- Found ZLIB: /usr/lib/libz.so (found version "1.2.3") 
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:23 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindKActivities.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project
  has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "KActivities", but CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "KActivities"
  (requested version 6.0.0) with any of the following names:

KActivitiesConfig.cmake
    kactivities-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "KActivities" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "KActivities_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "KActivities" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
  has been installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/kdebase4-workspace.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11/kdebase4-workspace.

I attempted to build kactivities-4.8.0 itself separately (there does not seem to be an earlier version available) and got the following error:

Code:
[ 82%] Built target activitymanager_plugin_slc
Linking CXX shared library libkactivities.so
[ 82%] Built target kactivities
Linking CXX share module ../../../lib/activitymanager_plugin_nepomuk.so
[ 82%] Built target activitymanager_plugin_nepomuk
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 1

I would disable nepomuk but I'm not sure how to as there is no build configuration for kactivites

In general, though, has anyone managed to install KDE4.8.*? Or should I try 4.7.4? If I knew more about the build process I might be able to hack my way through but as it stands I am quite the novice.

Thanks

pkc said:
I attempted to build kactivities-4.8.0 itself separately (there does not seem to be an earlier version available) and got the following error:

There is no error shown here. Please, paste (on pastebin.com) the full log of x11/kactivities build.

In general, though, has anyone managed to install KDE4.8.*? Or should I try 4.7.4?

4.8.4 works perfectly fine for most of our users. Don't worry, you'll get it working too.

Thanks for your reply. I'm working in XFCE right now in my other laptop, and I haven't actually found a way to get it into pastebin. It won't open in any of the editors I use -- the build log is 308K. Here's an excerpt:

http://pastebin.com/tuUXCVeg

I suspect there is something deeply wrong from those results. I may be inclined to just clear the entire ports tree and start over, since I've been messing around trying to get it to work for a while.

Thanks

Unfortunately I seem to be getting the same errors. Both
Code:
pkg_delete
and
Code:
make deinstall
indicate that qt33 no longer exists, but kactivities halts on the same area (nepomuk) as before.

It all managed to install, finally, and it starts up perfectly. There do seem to be a few hiccups here and there graphics-wise but I'll investigate those as they come.
Thanks for your time!

pkc said:
There do seem to be a few hiccups here and there graphics-wise but I'll investigate those as they come.

Be sure to check /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt4-gui/pkg-message.

Back