kde3&kde4 and gnash

A

Anonymous

Looks like that is KDE4 future and FreeBSD and I try again. The first problem is gnash. If I want to build for KDE4 kdelibs-3 shuld be deinstall. Uf...

You can have both kdelibs3 and kdelibs4 installed without issues. They install into separate locations (/usr/local/* for kdelibs3, /usr/local/kde4/* for kdelibs4).

kdelibs3 is needed for several KDE3 apps which don't have KDE4 versions yet (like K3B or Kaffeine).

phoenix said:
You can have both kdelibs3 and kdelibs4 installed without issues. They install into separate locations (/usr/local/* for kdelibs3, /usr/local/kde4/* for kdelibs4).

kdelibs3 is needed for several KDE3 apps which don't have KDE4 versions yet (like K3B or Kaffeine).

===>>> KDE4 GUI can't be built when KDE3 is installed. Please rerun 'make config' and disable KDE4 GUI or deinstall kdelibs-3

Version of gnash is 0.8.5_1

P.S.

I deinstalled version for kde3 and tried but I got a message above.

Ah, that's something "broken" in the gnash port, then. You'll have to take it up with the gnash port maintainer. I don't use gnash, so haven't come across this.

In this case, you should be able to hack around it like so:
Code:
# cd ~
# pkg_create -bx kdelibs-3
# pkg_delete -fxi kdelibs-3
# cd /usr/ports/graphics/gnash
# make config
<uncheck KDE, check KDE4>
# make install clean
<hopefully it installs without errors>
# cd ~
# pkg_add kdelibs-3*

That will create a binary package of your installed version of kdelibs3. Then force the uninstall of kdelibs3. Then configure/install gnash. And, finally, re-install kdelibs3 from the binary package that was created.

If that works, you may want to send that to the gnash port maintainer as a suggestion to add to /usr/ports/UPDATING.

phoenix said:
Ah, that's something "broken" in the gnash port, then. You'll have to take it up with the gnash port maintainer. I don't use gnash, so haven't come across this.

In this case, you should be able to hack around it like so:
Code:
# cd ~
# pkg_create -bx kdelibs-3
# pkg_delete -fxi kdelibs-3
# cd /usr/ports/graphics/gnash
# make config
<uncheck KDE, check KDE4>
# make install clean
<hopefully it installs without errors>
# cd ~
# pkg_add kdelibs-3*

That will create a binary package of your installed version of kdelibs3. Then force the uninstall of kdelibs3. Then configure/install gnash. And, finally, re-install kdelibs3 from the binary package that was created.

If that works, you may want to send that to the gnash port maintainer as a suggestion to add to /usr/ports/UPDATING.

Thank you very much.

Back