KDE Plasma5 - can't open systemsettings5 - crash

I've decided to upgrade all of my ports because I didn't do anything since January this year. Unfortunately that was worst decision ever. I can't open plasma workspace, when I press Window button (on keyboard - its called also as meta key) whole kde5 GUI crashed. So I've decided to run systemsettings5 manually and it crashes too:
Code:
systemsettings5
QQmlEngine::setContextForObject(): Object already has a QQmlContext
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 11 and type 'Read', disabling...
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = systemsettings5 path = /usr/local/bin pid = 19779
KCrash: Arguments: /usr/local/bin/systemsettings5
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/local/lib/libexec/drkonqi

Here are my current versions:

Code:
qt5* - 5.14.2
plasma5* - 5.19.0
kf5* - 5.70.0

12.1-RELEASE-p5 3135379a043(releng/12.1) FBSD64_12_1_V1  amd64

I was thought that this is related to user config stored from previous versions but I've created a new user with clean environment and run startx, unfortunatelly new user has same issues with default settings for KDE5.

All ports were build in jail and than I've installed them on host by using pkg -> repo to jail.

Does any one experience similar issues ?

Did you make sure your build environment has "bare" settings? E.g. did you use synth(8) or poudriere(8)? 2nd thought is that there's an update avalable for -p6, but usually such things do not fix premature fresh ports. That's the risk you take: the pkg building is delayed a little bit AFAIK, so early bugs are fixed -- with the latest ports, some of them might be premature.

Yeah, I suggest using Synth or Poudriere to build your packages. Both use a "cleanroom" environment to build packages. This will prevent getting your dependencies mixed up.

Hope you can go back to a ZFS snapshot before the disaster. Then decide either poudriere or synth and install it. Poudriere is mature and synth maybe addresses some issues of poudriere? I didn't try it yet. Then
  1. If you do not alread use ports-mgmt/portconf, install it.
    In /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf, I have an alias
    JSON:
    message "query '[%C/%n] %M''
    , so read again pkg message portconf and if I remember it correctly you can set a port "on hold", i.e. stick to a specific version. You will do this for ports that fail to build or pass tests (some ports come with tests, use that)
  2. Build the ports inside jail governed by poudriere or synth
  3. If your filesystem is UFS take a UFS snapshot e.g. "pre-portupgrade" (this takes long, be patient)
  4. If ZFS, create a new boot environment with beadm(8)
  5. Install the packages you build, if ZFS into the new boot env like this:
    pkg -r pool/ROOT/12.1_portbuild install kde5

Im not using Poudriere or Synth. I have separate Jail to build desktop environment and provide own pkg repo with my custom configs which does not fit to FreeBSD repo. I need some extra settings made in ports. However, I'm surprised that Heimdal which is dependent port for GIT was included later by Qt5-Network while few months earlier it doesn'. Cleaning ENV is not a solution. I think that Qt5-Network should be asked if builder port wants extra GssApi dependency instead of making that choice in the field.

if a port depends on a special version of another port -- different from the version most other ports use -- you can link that version static into the port? While it still uses other libs dynamically. Or tweak the LD_LIBRARY_PATH for that port, so that it uses another version of a lib than default.

Back