KDE error code workaround wanted

• Thread starter Deleted member 9563
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9563

I know this bug has been around for at least 5 years and is apparently too deep to fix. However, it has only recently become a feature of my installation. It suddenly appeared in it's full glory after I made the mistake of closing and starting plasm-desktop using the following command: kquitapp plasma-desktop && kstart plasma-desktop[. Ever since that I get the following whenever I open a terminal.

Code:
/home/ole SCO%  QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
 Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
Application may misbehave.
Note that the prompt does not return. However typing commands at that point work as if the prompt was present and it does reappear after that.

Since this appeared specifically after running one command, I am thinking that perhaps someone knows how to avoid it. It has not been there for some years, and does not go away with an update or reboot. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

PS: FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE, Qt: 4.8.7, KDE Development Platform: 4.14.30

I realize this is an old bug and probably considered wont-fix, but it's interesting how I've gone several years without it coming up, and now it's here in it's worst form and won't go away, even after a reboot.

I'm not using KDE but konsole should have a config file in .config/; look for konsolerc.lock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock.rmlock and remove it. If that does not work perhaps a removal of .kde4 or a reinstall of kde4 solves the problem.

Back