KDE 4 Application Launcher bug?

Hi,

I have a quick question about the KDE 4 Application Launcher menu thingy, (or whatever it's called, the equivalent of the Windows Start Menu): It will display a list of matching applications when you type in the search box. Great. Can anyone tell me if the up/down keys are supposed to work to be able to navigate and select the results? On my system I have to use the mouse. Ok it's pretty trivial but kind of annoying too. I just wondered whether it's a local glitch or normal (non-)behaviour.

I tried to register on the KDE forum to ask this question but apparently my registration details were spam and I gave up before my blood boiled and became gaseous. :\

sim

PS KDE 4.8.4 for me.

The cursor keys work for me in the Lancelot menu.

And the cursor keys work for me in the default launcher menu after I hit the escape key, which changes the focus from the text field to the menu list.

• Thanks
Reactions: sim
Ah, so they do. I didn't think to press escape - instinctively in my mind that would close the entire menu.

Thanks!

sim

Yeah, it is a little strange. Actually hit that one by accident. I was trying to cancel the search menu to get back to the normal "main" menu, and when it didn't disappear right away, I tried the cursor keys, and the highlight moved. :)

I use the Lancelot menu on all my KDE4 installs, so found this completely by accident due to this thread. :)

Back