KDE 4.8.4 upgrade - Konsole problems

Hello all,

After updating all my ports to their latest version (KDE included) I've run into a few minor problems. Most of them have already been fixed (nvidia driver not loading for xorg, no working mouse, cannot double click, etc). Now I'm trying to fix an issue with Konsole but it's a little confusing. First it will start through xterm with a warning, saying
Code:
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application m misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application m misbehave.
This isn't really an issue for me since Konsole seems to be working fine this way.

When Konsole is launched any other way (desktop, kmenu, etc., through a .desktop file) it will fail to start. I went to see why this is and this was my output:
Code:
$ xdg-open ./Terminal.desktop
test: : bad number
$

Is anyone aware of this problem, and if so how to fix it? Thank you!

Edit: After experiencing another issue (screens all turning black, system slowing down) I believe this is related to the other topic here, "Graphical Glitches after Qt/KDE upgrade." So far I followed the advice in that thread, and although I'm not 100% certain, things seem better on my machine. If anyone else reads this, try modifying /boot/loader.conf by adding this text at the bottom:
Code:
kern.ipc.shmall=32768
kern.ipc.shmmni=1024
kern.ipc.shmseg=1024

LeFroid said:
Hello all,

After updating all my ports to their latest version (KDE included) I've run into a few minor problems. Most of them have already been fixed (nvidia driver not loading for xorg, no working mouse, cannot double click, etc). Now I'm trying to fix an issue with Konsole but it's a little confusing. First it will start through xterm with a warning, saying
Code:
This isn't really an issue for me since Konsole seems to be working fine this way.

Try this:

First, switch to console
Code:
$ /usr/local/etc/rc.d/kdm4 stop
$ rm -rf ~/.kde4 ~/.kderc /var/tmp/kdecache-username
$ /usr/local/etc/rc.d/kdm4 start

LeFroid said:
When Konsole is launched any other way (desktop, kmenu, etc., through a .desktop file) it will fail to start. I went to see why this is and this was my output:
Code:
$ xdg-open ./Terminal.desktop
$

Is anyone aware of this problem, and if so how to fix it? Thank you!

For KDE users, exist an specific tool for opening URL's or from scripts, named kfmclient (moved to kioclient).

Read this KDE wiki for further information http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tools/Using_kfmclient.

Back