k3b problem

Hi,

I have a problem with K3b when I'm writing something to CD. The writing process finishes without any errors or problems but CD is empty. Writing to DVD works.

Does anyone have encountered such problem?

Thanks

Tried cdrecord and result was same.
Are you sure you don't have a batch of bad CDs? If that is not the case you need to configure your device. Who configured the device to begin with? IIRC (and I was one of first people to use K3b on FreeBSD many years ago) there was a whole section in FreeBSD handbook how to configure CD device. Only after that you have a chance of getting K3b to work properly. By the time you configure the device, learn manually how to use madplay to convert mp3 to wav file you will realize you don't need K3b anyway.

If you are using PC-BSD or GhostBSD this is the wrong forum to ask questions.

I have a problem with sysutils/k3b-kde4 when I'm writing something to CD. The writing process finishes without any errors or problems but CD is empty. Writing to DVD works.

This is odd. The dvd writing backend is sysutils/dvd+rw-tools and it uses sysutils/cdrtools in its tool chain. It has been awhile since I used a gui interface to burn media but IIRC there are configuration options to select the device. I do not know if k3b allows the configuration of different devices for cd vs dvd's. I would also consider starting k3b from the command line and watching for any error messages in the terminal. To add to the confusion, FreeBSD packages both systutils/cdrtools and it's fork sysutils/cdrkit.

Did you finalize the session? Some drives do not like it otherwise...

This is odd. The dvd writing backend is sysutils/dvd+rw-tools and it uses sysutils/cdrtools in its tool chain. It has been awhile since I used a gui interface to burn media but IIRC there are configuration options to select the device. I do not know if k3b allows the configuration of different devices for cd vs dvd's. I would also consider starting k3b from the command line and watching for any error messages in the terminal. To add to the confusion, FreeBSD packages both systutils/cdrtools and it's fork sysutils/cdrkit.

I started K3b from command line but had no errors I couldn't find anything about configuring cd device and I don't understand what it means I have all needed kernel modules loaded.
BTW, its strange DVD writing works

Back