Just some positive feedback

I've been using FreeBSD for almost one month now (I think, from the top of my head) and nearly half way through a company wide migration from Linux CentOS to FreeBSD. Needless to say I also found this forum somewhere in between and so far it has helped me quite a bit. Never underestimate the things you can learn yourself by trying to help out other people with solving their problems.

I just want to take the opportunity to thank the people behind this forum for the efforts they put into all this. Simply because when I look at this forum I see some devoted people doing their utmost best to maintain some global standards while also doing their best to keep the forum as accessible as possible. Not an easy job to do but they're still at it.

And well, I can't help mentioning that I had to grin when noticing a "moderator's moderated post". But that's the kind of forum this is; please keep in mind that those guys aren't going over all our posts to feel better than us or whatever twisted reason you can come up with; the main idea is to keep all posts as accessible ("easy to read") as possible.

My only "complaint" is that the 'evil grin' smileys don't seem to work. Whenever I try to use the BSD-like grinning smiley I only end up with some high-ascii and no smiley: �e

But apart from that I think you guys are doing a tremendous job. It's not easy to keep "SMS talk" (if that's the name) out of common channels, and I think you guys invest quite some time into this, which I think is admirable.

Alas; just my 2 cents. Please keep it up!

ShelLuser said:
My only "complaint" is that the 'evil grin' smileys don't seem to work. Whenever I try to use the BSD-like grinning smiley I only end up with some high-ascii and no smiley: �e
True, that's why I use the
devilgrin.gif

Back