It's all about jokes, funny pics...

vigole

Daemon

3b27774d-9d51-98f8-660c-1a92d7da29d7.jpg

Scribner

When Manhattanites neglected to dial the "1" before the area code, they got an improv comedian instead of tech support for a Barnes & Noble internet service based in Houston. Hilarity ensues, as the unsuspecting callers think they're talking to a real tech support agent. It's like prank calling in reverse.

I thought this comedy album was hilarious in high school. I'm not sure if I'm getting old or if I've just heard it too many times, but it used to seem a lot funnier.

More at <https://www.mattbesser.com/dumbass/>. Note: explicit.

grahamperrin

Son of Beastie

When Manhattanites neglected to dial the "1" before the area code, they got an improv comedian instead of tech support for a Barnes & Noble internet service based in Houston.

Around forty years ago, me and my flatmates occasionally had fun with misdialled incoming calls to what people thought was a carpet retailer. I hope no-one there got the sack.

Crivens

Staff member

I once found a website where someone had the mp3s of telemarketing goons with STT/Eliza/TTS. Could not find it again, sadly.

grahamperrin

Son of Beastie

Code:
        \   ^__^
         \  (oo)\_______
            (__)\       )\/\
                ||----w |
                ||     ||

grahamperrin

Son of Beastie

This screenshot (not my own) made me laugh a few months ago:

s1rzx5fjf2671.png

The sad part: truth of what was written scrawled across the screenshot (someone's shock at the slowness of FreeBSD). The happy part: FreeBSD Foundation-funded work to end the situation :)