Solved Issues with wine on a 13.0 desktop

Greetings, all,

I am having a problem with wine, and I think it might be something relatively easy, but I have no idea where to look.

Background: I have two 13.0-RELEASE-p4 machines. One is a ThinkPad @520 laptop (Intel graphics), and the second is an i-7 desktop with nVidia graphics (GTX-780Ti). Both systems have the following wine packages installed:

i386-wine-devel-6.12,1 wine-gecko-2.47.2 winetricks-20210617

On the desktop, winecfg pops up a blue background with the winecfg box. But on the desktop machine, I get

[vulcanridr@defiant ~]$ winecfg wine: could not load ntdll.so: (null)

It used to work, but I haven't had time for wine gaming in a while (since the 12.0 days)...So I went to try to reconfigure it a week or so ago, and defiant gave me the error above.

Is there a fix for it on the desktop system?

Hello VucanRidr,

this package requires procfs(5)() mounted on /proc. If you have not done it yet, please do the following: mount -t procfs proc /proc
To make it permanent, you need the following line in /etc/fstab: proc /proc procfs rw 0 0.

Important: The i386-wine ports will be deleted soon because the main wine ports (wine and wine-devel) have wow64 support now.

Hello VucanRidr,

this package requires procfs(5)() mounted on /proc. If you have not done it yet, please do the following: mount -t procfs proc /proc
To make it permanent, you need the following line in /etc/fstab: proc /proc procfs rw 0 0.

Important: The i386-wine ports will be deleted soon because the main wine ports (wine and wine-devel) have wow64 support now.
That was it. In my fstab on the desktop, I had:
linprocfs /compat/linux/proc linprocfs rw 0 0

but not the incarnation of proc that you mentioned. So should I switch over to wine/wine-devel? Will I still be able to run 32-bit code?

Thank you, Alexander88207!

I have an issue with wine on FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE-p4 as well, except this particular issue is with wine's compilation. I'm sure it's something simple too, like having the wrong option enabled (or disabled) in my configuration.

Code:
In file included from dlls/ntdll/unix/thread.c:66:
include/ddk/wdm.h:1635:1: warning: 'fastcall' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
 1635 | void    FASTCALL ExAcquireFastMutexUnsafe(PFAST_MUTEX);
      | ^~~~
include/ddk/wdm.h:1661:1: warning: 'fastcall' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
 1661 | void    FASTCALL ExReleaseFastMutexUnsafe(PFAST_MUTEX);
      | ^~~~
include/ddk/wdm.h:1715:1: warning: 'fastcall' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
 1715 | void    FASTCALL KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLockAtDpcLevel(KSPIN_LOCK*,KLOCK_QUEUE_HANDLE*);
      | ^~~~
include/ddk/wdm.h:1745:1: warning: 'fastcall' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
 1745 | void    FASTCALL KeReleaseInStackQueuedSpinLockFromDpcLevel(KLOCK_QUEUE_HANDLE*);
      | ^~~~
include/ddk/wdm.h:1784:1: warning: 'fastcall' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
 1784 | void    FASTCALL ObfReferenceObject(void*);
      | ^~~~
gcc10 -m64 -c -o dlls/ntdll/unix/virtual.o dlls/ntdll/unix/virtual.c -Idlls/ntdll -Iinclude -D__WINESRC__ -D_NTSYSTEM_ \
  -D_ACRTIMP= -DWINBASEAPI= -D_MSVCR_VER=0 -DWINE_UNIX_LIB -D_REENTRANT -fPIC \
  -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -Wall -pipe -fcf-protection=none -fno-stack-protector \
  -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wempty-body -Wignored-qualifiers \
  -Wno-packed-not-aligned -Wshift-overflow=2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wtype-limits \
  -Wunused-but-set-parameter -Wvla -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Wlogical-op -isystem \
  /usr/local/include -O2 -pipe  -fstack-protector-strong -Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib/gcc10 -isystem /usr/local/include -fno-strict-aliasing
gcc10 -m64 -c -o dlls/ntdll/unix/version.o dlls/ntdll/unix/version.c -Idlls/ntdll -Iinclude -Iinclude/msvcrt -D__WINESRC__ \
  -D_NTSYSTEM_ -D_ACRTIMP= -DWINBASEAPI= -D_MSVCR_VER=0 -DWINE_UNIX_LIB -D_REENTRANT -fPIC \
  -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fno-builtin -fshort-wchar -mabi=ms -Wall -pipe -fcf-protection=none \
  -fno-stack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wempty-body \
  -Wignored-qualifiers -Wno-packed-not-aligned -Wshift-overflow=2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wtype-limits \
  -Wunused-but-set-parameter -Wvla -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Wlogical-op -isystem \
  /usr/local/include -O2 -pipe  -fstack-protector-strong -Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib/gcc10 -isystem /usr/local/include -fno-strict-aliasing
tools/winegcc/winegcc -o dlls/ntdll/ntdll.so --wine-objdir . -m64 -fPIC -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -munix -shared \
  dlls/ntdll/ntdll.spec -nodefaultlibs dlls/ntdll/unix/cdrom.o dlls/ntdll/unix/debug.o \
  dlls/ntdll/unix/env.o dlls/ntdll/unix/file.o dlls/ntdll/unix/loader.o dlls/ntdll/unix/process.o \
  dlls/ntdll/unix/registry.o dlls/ntdll/unix/security.o dlls/ntdll/unix/serial.o \
  dlls/ntdll/unix/server.o dlls/ntdll/unix/signal_arm.o dlls/ntdll/unix/signal_arm64.o \
  dlls/ntdll/unix/signal_i386.o dlls/ntdll/unix/signal_x86_64.o dlls/ntdll/unix/sync.o \
  dlls/ntdll/unix/system.o dlls/ntdll/unix/tape.o dlls/ntdll/unix/thread.o dlls/ntdll/unix/virtual.o \
  dlls/ntdll/unix/version.o dlls/winecrt0/libwinecrt0.a libs/port/libwine_port.a -lpthread \
  -lprocstat -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector-strong -Wl,-rpath=/usr/local/lib/gcc10 -L/usr/local/lib/gcc10
/usr/local/bin/ld: dlls/ntdll/unix/virtual.o: in function `virtual_get_system_info':
virtual.c:(.text+0x4b87): undefined reference to `sysinfo'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
winegcc: /usr/local/bin/gcc10 failed
gmake[2]: *** [Makefile:95793: dlls/ntdll/ntdll.so] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/ports/emulators/wine/work/wine-6.0.1'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/emulators/wine
*** Error code 1

My config:
Screenshot at 2021-09-04 13-15-14.png

I enabled MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE in my make.conf and tried rebuilding but received the same error.

Ok, so I ran "cd /usr/ports/devel/sdl20 && make config" and disabled the JACK audio option, reinstalled, then cd'd into audio/jack, deinstalled, and installed wine again and the compilation succeeded. That probably wasn't absolutely necessary but I don't need audio/jack for anything as far as I know. I deinstalled devel/libsysinfo as well.

emulators/wine-devel:

Incidentally:

Thanks to everyone who helped out on this thread. I got it working, thanks to Alexander88207. After getting wine running, I ran afoul of Bug 245496, in which nVidia's libGL.so.1 gets whacked by the one from i386-wine. Reinstalled the nvidia drivers, and everything seems to be working. Thanks to all for their patience and help.

Back