Solved Issues with 13.3: daemon

/usr/sbin/daemon has been somehow reworked concerning signal handling, and may treat custom rc.d scripts differently.
For now it has helped me to restore the old /usr/sbin/daemon binary from backup to restore the old behaviour, until further investigation.

Later, I don't know yet. After mine rc.d scripts didn't work correctly, I had a short glance on the git diff, seen that there are respective changes, restored the old binary and this one works now.
But there are more issues, and I would like to get back online first before in-depth analysis. This one can now be analyzed elsewhere.

I have a more ugly one: If you start a vnet jail, you need an interface on the host that gets put into the jail. When you stop that jail again, the interface should come back to the host.
It usually does, but now, when you happen to start an openvpn in that jail, only once, then when later stopping the jail, the interface disappears. For whatever reason, I have no idea yet, and /usr/sbin/jail isn't very talkative.

Reactions: mer
Okay, this one is actually easy, and it is an improvement:

When we SIGTERM the daemon, it now seems to wait for the whole process-group before terminating itself.
Before, it did just forward the SIGTERM to it's child process and then exit. So one would need to figure out which other processes are in the process-group and wait for them explicitly. This simplifies things now.
Example: https://gitr.daemon.contact/tools/commit/rc.d/guest?id=b6dae84713de127be176992ac564431cbefa672c

Back