Issues exiting X

When I exit X windows, instead of dropping to the command line, the screen turns off. Is there a setting I am missing?

Do you use a window manager? Did you load any graphics drivers? What version of FreeBSD? Take a look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Can you switch the console after the screen turns off, with "Ctrl+Alt+F2", or "Alt+F2" ?

Do you use a window manager? Did you load any graphics drivers? What version of FreeBSD? Take a look at
Version 12.1 RELEASE

I have fvwm and I get the same with twm. My graphic driver is NVidia, I looked in the log file the last 2 lines

[ 2054.652] (II) NVIDIA(GPU-0): Deleting GPU-0
[ 2054.678] (II) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.

I cannot switch to console either, if I try to switch the console while in X, screen switches of cannot switch back, after the screen turns off. My only way is then to ssh into the system and reboot.

It is probably nvidia related

I tried the suggested, did not make a difference. I also tried switching to sc from vt, but this just hand the main console, I still can ssh in. I read that bug thread. It seems like this is a bug (NVidia) which probably will never get fixed for this computer.

I am planing on running xdm on these systems. I will attempt to see if this will solve my problems.

Thank you once again for your help.

Back