Other Issue with windowmaker

aimeec1995

Hi, I have been wanting to use windowmaker on my netbook but it seems to be very broken.

I cannot get the config for it to work, I recreated the issue in a VM so that I could share a screenshot..

I am really eager to use wm from all i've seen and heard, it seems perfect for me. I really hope it is not just forgotten and broken like a lot of wms

Attachments

MarcoB

Check if it's pointing at /usr/local/GNUstep/Applications/WPrefs.app/WPrefs. Windowmaker itself seems to be working fine.

OP
OP
A

aimeec1995

Check if it's pointing at /usr/local/GNUstep/Applications/WPrefs.app/WPrefs. Windowmaker itself seems to be working fine.
How can I check this? by the way... is there no way to make things render over the launcher icons for windowmaker it is quite disruptive when web browsing

MarcoB

How can I check this?
Can't see how you're trying to start WPrefs. My guess is from the dock? Then rightclick, and click on settings. You can always start WPrefs from an xterm.
by the way... is there no way to make things render over the launcher icons for windowmaker it is quite disruptive when web browsing
You can edit that in WPrefs :)

OP
OP
A

aimeec1995

i have decided to just stop using it there is too many inexplicable issues.... same with the other wms :/
thanks for help im gonna close thread