Solved Issue with accessing certain sites

After a fresh BSD install, I am having issues with accessing the majority of sites such as Google and duck duck go. This occurs across both the latest pkg package or chromium and Firefox. I can however still access some sites such as freebsd.org. It is weird however because I can ping Google.com for example and packets will be sent and received successfully however when I try to ping the ip adress (8.8.8.8) I get: no route to host.

Current rc.conf file:
Code:
hostname="morgans_machine"
keymap="uk.kbd"
wlans_iwn0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA "
ifconfig_wlan0_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv"
create_args_wlan0="country GB"
sshd_enable="YES"
moused_enable="YES"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
dumpdev="AUTO"
zfs_enable="YES"
kld_list="i915kms"

Any help would be appreciated , thanks.

As you have a wireless interface, dodgy wifi connection? Maybe your router is acting up? Is there any logging on your router to look at?

As you have a wireless interface, dodgy wifi connection? Maybe your router is acting up? Is there any logging on your router to look at?
I wouldn’t assume it to be the router itself. I only installed BSD yesterday and prior to that connectivity was fine on Linux. All other devices connected on that local wireless network are fine. However I do think I haven’t properly configured networking as I think I skipped over it during the install

However I do think I haven’t properly configured networking as I think I skipped over it during the install
Doesn't matter. Wireless is easier to configure afterwards anyway.

Most of it looks good though, but I think I know why you can access some sites but not others.
Code:
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA "
That should be:
Code:
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"

Your current configuration seems to use IPv6 only. But not all websites are accessible on IPv6 yet, and that also means you can't ping IPv4 addresses (like 8.8.8.8). ping google.com would simply resolve the IPv6 address and ping that.

Doesn't matter. Wireless is easier to configure afterwards anyway.

Most of it looks good though, but I think I know why you can access some sites but not others.
Code:
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA "
That should be:
Code:
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"

Your current configuration seems to use IPv6 only. But not all websites are accessible on IPv6 yet, and that also means you can't ping IPv4 addresses (like 8.8.8.8). ping google.com would simply resolve the IPv6 address and ping that.
Thank you, you were right i had only setup ipv6 however now everything is working as ipv4 networking is functional on my system.

Thank you so much for the assistance

Back